Beginners and Beyond

Question of the DAILIES (Read 47 times)

meaghansketch

Jack & Babs are not till 5/25.

Brrrr is tomorrow. And he is going to kill it.

Whoops- Sorry!

Go get it Brrrr!  You will kill it for sure! Big grin

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I taped the crap out of the toe and run 10.2 since my new shoes wouldn't be here at oh dark 30. I determined I can get around 8 miles until the toe starts to rub funny.   But my new shoes are here so tomorrow will be better. I have used this same type shoe for 20+ miles in the past so must just be this pair. I have two other pairs new in the box. But will try the new type first

Scotty I have new skin on it.  I also taped it before running.

Marjorie

Mmmmm...beer

Good luck Andrew!!

Jack, no solid goals, of course I'd love to go sub-19 again, but it might be tough on tired legs, plus it's going to be in the 70s for the race with high humidity (always good to have your excuses lined up ahead of time lol).  With the weather warming up I might have to wait for fall to back up my sub-19 (unless my training and weight loss pay off for my 5k in July, even with the heat, we'll see).  Maybe I can snag an AG award and Grand Prix points (that's the main reason I'm running it, GP points for my running club).

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

D2: it's "only" a 5k so the warm temps may not bother you, especially if it's an early start. You may surprise yourself and get that sub 19!

Baboon

delicate flower

Don't mock me! Wink Ok, 3:20? What is your GMP? How hilly is the course?

I'm going to shoot for 7:45 pace and adjust as needed.  That's a 3:23 finish.  Check out this thread for a detailed analysis of the course.  Rolling hills, but nothing any worse than what I routinely run when I head out my front door.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

I left work early and went for my run.  13.7 miles at 8:05 pace and actually had to keep it dialed back.  I felt great today.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Baboon: you will do very well. You have the experience and I'm sure you have a plan. FWIW I ran 20 miles at GMP and then did a progression the last 6. The last 3 were torture but it worked. I won't be surprised if you are closer to 3:20.

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon: you will do very well. You have the experience and I'm sure you have a plan. FWIW I ran 20 miles at GMP and then did a progression the last 6. The last 3 were torture but it worked. I won't be surprised if you are closer to 3:20.

One of the concerns I have, and part of the reason I am not gunning for a faster time, is that I have not done any of those really hard long distance runs like that so I don't think I have the endurance to go harder.  I've done five 20+ milers, all with the goal of just covering the distance and getting the time on my feet.  I've kept the hard runs to shorter distances.  I also have not done many MLR's.  I remember that long run you had...I have not had any of those.  Now that said, when I look at those five 20 milers I've done, I've averaged right around my current PR pace (8:35).  So I am certainly positioned to knock a significant chunk off that PR.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Good points. You do indeed have a plan. I remember that run you mentioned; 18 mile tempo run w 14@gmp. I did the 14 at 7:35 and my pace for the race ended up at 7:48. That run was a huge confidence booster. Regardless, you will be great.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

SRD for me, other than that 12 hour day shift. Not fond of day shifts, but they do help pay the bills.

I'm planning on 4 or so after work tomorrow along the riverwalk which happens to be about 1/2 mile from the work place.

Best of luck to all the racers tomorrow - Run fast and strong!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

I've done five 20+ milers...

Geezus!  That would take me five years.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Drove to the Keys, attended my conference, drove back from the Keys, did heavy weights and ran 5 miles.  I think I am beat.  I have a 5K tomorrow, I am sure not rested nor hydrated for that shit.

Good thing this was Key Largo and not Key "the fuck 4 hours away" West.

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

D - rest and take in some fluids. You need to be swift tomorrow!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

outoftheblue

Go Andrew!!!!!

Life is good.

LRB

Just watched Inception in full for the fourth time.  That movie kicks ass.