Beginners and Beyond

41 of 366, and 1 of 354🥳 (Read 22 times)

Happy New Year

2.5 workday warmup: 2 on flat, the 0.5 on roadcrown  hill, no nutty pain

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy New Year!

I have 12. Likely on the TM with more of the London Marathon route.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey lol.  I ran 20.35 miles this morning and felt great.  I got faster as the run progressed.  Averaged a 7:14 pace.  Let's goooooo!!!

<3

sdWhiskers

11 miles with RP. Ran through a triathlon bike portion. Although swimming in the bay in Feb seems early, even for here. So maybe duathlon?

Sun is shining and no rain in the 7 day forecast. We survived!

sdWhiskers

Hey lol.  I ran 20.35 miles this morning and felt great.  I got faster as the run progressed.  Averaged a 7:14 pace.  Let's goooooo!!!

Holy moly, Baboon is back!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Raced (?) the paczki 5k today and have now eaten three. One for each mile raced. Hopefully I don't eat 5.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

DavePNW

18 miles with the group. Beautiful day for it, upper 30s and actually clear and sunny. Incidentally I was wearing the shirt from my first marathon, Grand Rapids 2012. It feels like a very, very long time ago.

Dave

DavePNW

Raced (?) the paczki 5k today and have now eaten three. One for each mile raced. Hopefully I don't eat 5.

That is an impressive accomplishment! No way I could eat more than one of those things.

Dave

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

That is an impressive accomplishment! No way I could eat more than one of those things.

For some reason, donuts do not fill me up.

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I (barely) got a new PR at 10 miles today, going sub-90 for the first time with a 1:29:33.  I really didn't know what to expect today with all the stuff I've been dealing with and a course that had a hill so steep I walked up part of it and had to put on the brakes running down it because I didn't feel safe just letting myself go.  The winner ran a 56:36.49 - I wonder how fast he went down the hill?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

DavePNW

Congrats, Fred!

For some reason, donuts do not fill me up.

That is a dangerous quality to have!

Dave

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

That is a dangerous quality to have!

I've unique skills

Lori

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles.

I could easily eat a bunch of donuts.

Baboon, nice run!

Fred, congrats on the new PR! I remeber watching one of the leaders of a HM (while he was lapping me) go flying down a hill at a trail race. Meanwhile I was slowly and very deliberately getting down the hill.

Baboon

delicate flower

So a funny little thing happened on my run.  A guy running the opposite direction as me on the rail trail was wearing a 2024 Boston Marathon jacket.  As he passed and I spotted the jacket, I said loudly "Woo hoo, 9 more weeks!"  He gave me a thumbs up and said "Thanks, you too!"  lmao I figured he had earbuds in.

I (barely) got a new PR at 10 miles today, going sub-90 for the first time with a 1:29:33. 

Atta boy, Fred!!

<3