Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES: It's Going to Be a Four-Cup Day (Read 49 times)

B-Plus

BP, how is the scale looking these days?

Still +14 lbs, but more importantly still busting at the seams and +1 belt notch.

Great pics DR!

happylily

Not bad, but sometimes it gets boring because my diet has been the same for over a year.......... but I am too lazy to look for something new 

And to be quite honest, I think my obsession with trying not to eat... say the 3 meals and some snacks comes from wanting so bad to lose weight and fearing one day of looking in the mirror and seeing the old high school me or seeing the scale get close to 145. Eating is something I love, but it's nice to put in the mileage so that I don't guilt myself after eating a cookie or more than something I shouldn't.

I don't know one person who's been successful at losing weight with eating only one or two meals a day. Maybe they lost a few pounds at first, but they didn't stick with the diet and eventually re-gained what they had lost. I don't think that Weight Watchers promotes not eating for long periods either... Cut all alcoholic beverages, and all desserts and eat as you would normally the rest of the day and you will lose weight. Pretty certain of it.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Running will certainly help blast fat but if you look over a persons life, we all have tried different ways to lose fat so that is not uncommon.

Recognizing the need to increase calories along with increased mileage is ultimately what matters most though.  I came to a similar conclusion three years ago.  It is a mental adjustment when you are in fat loss mode.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Had a nice workout yesterday :

2 x 1 Mile

#1 : 50 minutes

#2 : 62 minutes

Each with a 3-miles steep downhill recovery hike.

Holy crap.

- Andrew

LRB

Still +14 lbs, but more importantly still busting at the seams and +1 belt notch.

Meh, baby fat.

Geezus!  You rode off into the sunset in style after that supreme performance in Chicago that's for sure!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm not saying that is why and I am not saying I've read it or am trying to do it as I am not trying to do it, I am saying it is a fear or obsession. Sometimes when I eat something or a little more and start to feel a little bloaty - I immediately want to go for a run or start some push ups, ab work or something.... anything to burn calories or sweat to make up for it. Maybe it's just me, maybe it's a lot of people who have a fat, unhealthy shadow lurking behind them constantly mocking and laughing at them, telling them they'll just fail - but it's there and it isn't going to go away, at least not as far as I can see.

Enough depressing stuff though dang it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Great 8.2 miles @ 7:43/mile average.  Feels so good to be running again, that week off felt like an eternity!  Awesome weather today too!

Since we're talking about eating/weight, I'm back down in the 180s, 187 as of yesterday.  I had crept back up over 200 rolling into my 50k, working on getting back down to fighting weight for my marathon. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hear another cold front is coming in.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Zelanie

FreeSoul- I read you post right before my run, which gave me plenty of time to think it over as I was out there. For me, I think the trick is to stay a run ahead of my food rather than behind. So if you can hold off on snacking for one day, then the next time you go out you can picture yourself earning that snack. And then you can eat knowing that you're giving your body what it needs to recover instead of feeling bad about it and needing to burn it off right away.  Having the right foods around, as Lily said, is also helpful. Then you know you are recovering in a healthy way.

D2- Good to see you back!

Me- Got my 10 in. Ran a slightly hillier route than yesterday, part of the course in lots of local races, so good practice.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Smile if it helps, I did manage to not get a Subway Chocolate Chip Cookie today which I normally get 4-5 days a week with my sandwich. I think I am going to stick with not getting one, cut 220 unnecessary calories from each day Smile

FreeSoul- I read you post right before my run, which gave me plenty of time to think it over as I was out there. For me, I think the trick is to stay a run ahead of my food rather than behind. So if you can hold off on snacking for one day, then the next time you go out you can picture yourself earning that snack. And then you can eat knowing that you're giving your body what it needs to recover instead of feeling bad about it and needing to burn it off right away.  Having the right foods around, as Lily said, is also helpful. Then you know you are recovering in a healthy way.

D2- Good to see you back!

Me- Got my 10 in. Ran a slightly hillier route than yesterday, part of the course in lots of local races, so good practice.

PRs

DavePNW

Smile if it helps, I did manage to not get a Subway Chocolate Chip Cookie today which I normally get 4-5 days a week with my sandwich. I think I am going to stick with not getting one, cut 220 unnecessary calories from each day Smile

Choices like that add up. Hopefully you also avoided the bag of chips, and got your sandwich without cheese, oil or mayo.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Those are/were hard to resist! Good job.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Choices like that add up. Hopefully you also avoided the bag of chips, and got your sandwich without cheese, oil, mayo, lettuce, tomato, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, pickles, meat or a bun.

FYP.

LRB

Those are/were hard to resist! Good job.

I do not think I have ever gotten one of those cookies, but to be fair, I gave all of that up long  before Subway exploded onto the scene.  They do look good as hell though, and that is usually enough for me.

Back in my day though, I used to eat shit up!  lol

LRB

Recovery run for me today...not sure if it will be on the trail with friends or just solo road yet.

My spur light came today, it is a nice looking piece of equipment!  Do you blink or stay steady?