Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES: It's Going to Be a Four-Cup Day (Read 49 times)

happylily

FS, bravo for the willpower you exercised today! One little thing like that everyday, just one, and you will see the pounds disappear. But it's not not like you have a lot to lose. In fact, I really don't know why you worry about that. You look great already!

6 recovery miles done, 8:51 pace. HIp was good, legs were nimble. It was my PF heel that bothered me this time. Damned rusty body.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

My spur light came today, it is a nice looking piece of equipment!  Do you blink or stay steady?

I go steady...it makes me feel like a pimped out Caddie with ground effects.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I go steady...it makes me feel like a pimped out Caddie with ground effects.

I thought the same thing, and besides, nothing about me is intermittent. 

happylily

Choices like that add up. Hopefully you also avoided the bag of chips, and got your sandwich without cheese, oil or mayo.

Now you're talking crazy...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks Julie.

My subway sandwich  - 6 inch oven roast chicken breast (either on honey oat or wheat), toasted with bacon, provolone cheese, spinach and pickles, and mustard. I swear someday I will get rid of the bacon on there 

But that is my go to sandwich and I never deviate from it.

I used to get the Harvested Cheddar Sunchips, but stopped like 2 years ago. The subway I go to, no other subway in Evansville compares to their Chocolate Chip Cookies....... so soft and warm and melt in your mouth chocolate chips -yum yum - but I am done with them!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't eat at Subway.  I don't find their sandwiches good at all and, after all, they are a fast food restaurant and I eat at those once in a blue moon.  I also don't like cookies, so I'll go to my corner right now.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I would say you're crazy (on the cookie part) BUT I am trying to quit my addiction of them.

I don't eat at Subway.  I don't find their sandwiches good at all and, after all, they are a fast food restaurant and I eat at those once in a blue moon.  I also don't like cookies, so I'll go to my corner right now.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Yugo18

Very late to the game today.  I ran 7 moderate miles this morning, and then proceeded to enjoy the day off work.  Now, back to the getting up early.  Uh.  

Hip Redux

Agreed!

Shari, I ate. I still feel like eating everything that's not bolted to the floor. Good luck tapering

Rick, have fun doing strength and core work.

Marjorie, enjoy Pilates.

Phil, have a great run.

FreeSoul87, fantastic five.

Andrew, sweet six.

SIAR, enjoy your recovery run.

Damaris, I hope that the SRD helps.

B-Plus, have a terrific three-miler.

redrum, I hope that your run goes well.

kristin10185, yay!

Nicole, I hope that you and DH enjoy your track work.

Zelanie, terrific ten.

jjs22, awesome workout.

Dave, excellent 8.2.

Lily, brava on the six-miler. I hope that the PF leaves you alone soon.

Yugo18, great seven.

3.0 TM miles in 30:25. 10:09 pace. Push-ups, too. WTH? My feet felt like lead. (I wore a pair of old and beat-up running shoes.) I'm on my way home to use my free weights and do ab work.

Yugo18

Had a nice workout yesterday :

2 x 1 Mile

#1 : 50 minutes

#2 : 62 minutes

Each with a 3-miles steep downhill recovery hike.

Awesome.

LRB

I don't find their sandwiches good at all...

This is true but having limited choices while out on the road forces one to learn how to make a decent sandwich from a place you otherwise would not eat from.  So what I order from them is at least palatable.

We had this discussion about Jimmy John's, I had to learn to jazz their food up as well.  Like this #6 toasted, seasoned with a few items added in my kitchen:

happylily

Yugo18

I'm not saying that is why and I am not saying I've read it or am trying to do it as I am not trying to do it, I am saying it is a fear or obsession. Sometimes when I eat something or a little more and start to feel a little bloaty - I immediately want to go for a run or start some push ups, ab work or something.... anything to burn calories or sweat to make up for it. Maybe it's just me, maybe it's a lot of people who have a fat, unhealthy shadow lurking behind them constantly mocking and laughing at them, telling them they'll just fail - but it's there and it isn't going to go away, at least not as far as I can see.

Enough depressing stuff though dang it.

It doesn't have to be this way forever.  Believe me, it's possible to completely and truly change your attitude/mindset about eating,  Your mind.  Your body is just along for the ride.  What I am saying is that living with an unhealthy relationship with food takes so much out of a person, and it absolutely does not have to be that way.  You have to deal with your brain, your mind, and only you can do this for yourself.  And you can do it.  FreeSoul = 

Edited: for being a bit too personal about myself, he he.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What if my brain has a mind of it's own? I know what you mean though, I've conquered a lot of demons over the last decade and I will say running (and the pregnancy/birth of my son) has helped TREMENDOUSLY in the last 2 years - but I still  have some demons left, and running definitely helps - especially pushing my body to greater distances and seeing just how far it can take me, moving up into the 30's weekly mileage has definitely helped a lot I think.

Back to the Subway topic - don't knock on my damn sandwich choice, with a limited palate and being too stubborn to try new things, or having any time to make something truly healthy for lunch - I consider my choice of sandwich and size to be an alright, relatively healthy choice  I see a lot of people going there and because it's Subway and supposedly healthier than McDonalds, Wendys, Arbys and Burger King - they get a foot long every time, and a large diet........... so I think my choice is a lot better damn it!  

PRs