Beginners and Beyond

Starting Off Right this Saturday, Penguins (Read 25 times)

SheCan

Getting ready to head to Tucson for a day of shopping and exploring and racing this evening.  Hope everyone has a great day!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Bin Running

Can't wait to restart my running. Will think of it as taper for my 5.6k as Mel suggested. Only thing is I think I gain some pounds with all the food I am stuffing myself. You see I am a tropical animal so cold(13-20c) weather make me hungry often. Haa. Will have to weight and see how much I've gain when im home.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wrote an RR.  It's posted.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

On my phone and running late for a shopping date with my mom but quick check in.... 4.5 miles at 11:14 pace. A distance PR on my Garmin so that's cool. My real distance PR is a 10K on December 16th, got the Garmin for Christmas, ran 4.1 miles with it and the ITBS started. Have been slowly building up ever since...now my Garmin finally has a new distance for the first time since its inaugural runSmile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Hey all!  Race went very well.  There will be a delay in the RR but the course was long... my Garmin measured 16.74 miles.  I finished in 3:05:02.   I feel great.    The course froze pretty well last night so it wasn't until the last lap that I had to even half fight squishy spots.  As you can tell from the photo, Vance wants to move SOUTH.  Smile

Well done to everyone that raced!  I've got to hurry up and head out the door again...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, but not THIS South.  Great job!

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

N-bug: good run and cool picture. I can't believe you still have snow, and new snow at that!

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to all the racers today: Damaris, Awood and Vance.  Such extremes - hot and humid vs. frozen snow.  I bet Damaris was wishing for some of that white stuff and Vance was wishing for a bit of sunshine - just not enough to turn it to slush.

Cherie - I hope you enjoy Tucson.  Say hello for me to Sabino Canyon while you're there.

Bin - vacation weight usually goes as quickly as it came, once you're back to mindful eating.

Sloooow.

Afternoon, all.

Rest day for me. I was up half the night with a stomach virus, then my youngest started with the same. I just hope it buggers off today so tomorrow can happen.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Awesome medal N-Bug.  Or is it a woodal?  Either way, I like it!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Mmmmm...beer

Congrats to our racers!!!  I'll hit up the RRs after I shower, just wanted to check in real quick.  Today has been crazy, my half, then my 5yo did the 1/2 mile cub run, then we had to shoot straight from the race to his opening day t-ball game (I didn't even get to shower lol), then we grabbed some food and now back home.

I didn't PR, but I did get 3rd place in my AG!  I couldn't believe it, was very happy when I saw that.  Since we had to leave early, I didn't know I had placed in my AG, didn't find out until I checked the results online.  I'll pick up my trophy on Tuesday   I also learned a very important lesson, DO NOT do a hilly 16 mile run a week before a half marathon, respect the taper.  I was on pace for a solid PR and ran out of steam around mile 7.  My breathing was fine, I felt good, but my legs just couldn't hold the pace.  Still managed my second sub-1:30 with a 1:29:55, so I'm a happy camper. Smile

I'll post a RR with pictures later.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Awood - yeah, it is actually wood.  It's pretty nice.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Word.

Congratulations to all the racers today: Damaris, Awood and Vance.  Such extremes - hot and humid vs. frozen snow.  I bet Damaris was wishing for some of that white stuff and Vance was wishing for a bit of sunshine - just not enough to turn it to slush.

Cherie - I hope you enjoy Tucson.  Say hello for me to Sabino Canyon while you're there.

Bin - vacation weight usually goes as quickly as it came, once you're back to mindful eating.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, D2!

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

7:54 pace !!!  That is insane.  CONGRATS.

I was right!  I'm faster than I thought I was.  I never would have set a goal as aggressive as what I ran my 10K today.  I'll right my RR here soon, but my finish time was 48:59.  I finished 3rd, and my neighbor passed me in the finish chute to get 2nd by 2 seconds.  First place in our age group was only 40 seconds faster.  How about that?

N-Bug - Your shoes are intimidating.  Seriously!