Beginners and Beyond

Sharknado Sundailies (Read 47 times)

Hip Redux

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

Hip Redux

Up and at 'em folks!

B-Plus

Running is dumb. Let me go back to sleep.

Morning Oski! Just a regular shark here.

So tried another run this morning; still feeling the injury but not too bad. Got through 3 miles & figured I would leave it at that. Maybe encouraging, we'll see. Just a bit depressing because it is such a perfect cool running morning, and Sunday was always my LR day -- wish I could've kept going for a couple more hours.

Taking DD2 to the Tigers game this afternoon, interleague play vs. Phillies. Should have gone last night, would've seen a 10-0 blowout, Cabrera's dramatic comeback (homer in first swing back from injury) & a Scherzer gem (taking him to 15-1). Although would've also had to sit through a 47 min rain delay; hopefully we can avoid that today, it is going to be iffy.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

Don't call me Buttercup!

Morning, ya'll!   Today's an easy day for me, just 2 miles on the schedule.  Part of my brain says it's not even worth getting sweaty for a 2 mile run, but a louder part of my brain says "Shut up! Enjoy it!"   LOL   Coach says 2, I will do 2. =)

I hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

LRB

Wassup peeps!

Good morning O!  I am told that was a good movie, have you seen it?

I agree BP!

Enjoy the game Dave, it's a great venue and great weather today.

Hi D, glad to see you still at it!

I just got my lazy butt up, so you know what that means....

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  18 miles done this morning.  I would've preferred the dewpoint NOT to be 76 and the heat index not to climb to 86F (and I started at 5:15am!) but meh, they were done.

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Gonna need a bigger boat.....

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Gonna need a bigger boat.....

Nice one Tom!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Getting ready to head out for 15.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Sharks would be a lot less scary if they looked like this:

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Sharks would be a lot less scary if they looked like this:

lol!

I am finally ready to go run!  Driving over to the trail and will get it done there.  I am wearing them stupid spandex shorts on a long run for the first time, just to see how that works.

Holla back!

B-Plus

Ok, oatmeal and coffee have been consumed. I'm just about ready to roll this 18-miler.

Will run for scenery.

Morning!

This morning I'm recovering from some recovering...

I ran the top half of Pike's Peak yesterday,  4000 ft/6 mi each way.  My goal was no walking for the first 3 miles; Ended up walking about 1/4 - 1/2 mi of it.  From there I power hiked to the summit.  Time up was 2:14.

After a rest break and some donuts (yep, donuts) I headed down at a medium effort.  Time down was 1:10.

I wiped out once, managing to get fingers from both hands bent & wedged between trees/rocks. So today I'm Mr. SausageFingers.

Back at Barr Camp I relaxed a while, then napped in my tent for a couple hours of rain, then broke camp and hiked 6 more miles back down to town.

I didn't see any sharks.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ten AMAZING miles this morning just as the sun was coming up, 52 degrees and a dew point around 53, the 100% humidity didn't even have any effect on the temp. I was so giddy walking out the door, I almost started laughing in excitement. I am going to be pretty much useless for the rest of the day, except for playing with my son.

Someone please tell me why anybody would go and see that movie (Sharknado), who in their right mind would choose that movie over Pacific Rim, and the fact that they are making a second one is just mind-boggling..... but maybe I'm just not really into really stupid, pointless movies that are so obviously retarded it makes my brain hurt.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)