Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: How long would it take before you pulled a sidearm out of the nightstand and blasted this thing to smithereens? (Read 65 times)

B-Plus

I just let the alarm keep on ringing and ringing!

I've got 16 x 100 @ Rish pace tonight. This should be interesting.

Cyberic

I would probably wake up 5-10 minutes before the alarm, and combly disable it before it starts ringing, as usual.

Made it for over two years of running without ever setting foot on a treadmill so far. Wonder how much longer I will resist.

People always ask me why I walk so slow when I can run so fast (for most people I know, I run fast). I wouldn't have sprinted for fourty yards to win 50 bucks without a proper warm up. I'm too afraid I'd injure myself.

Not sure yet how long I'll run tonight during my son's soccer practice. Depends on a few factors. Should be 60-90 minutes at easy pace.

LRB

Good luck!

Had it in a stir fry.  That shit was the truth yo, me stuffed!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Up at 5:30 am today and off to the university campus.  Did the Diploma Dash 5K route around the campus and ended up finishing in 32:44, surprising myself. I was guessing I'd finish in about 34-or-35-something.  Still flippin' hot here - we will hit 100 again today - altho (neener neener neener, Damaris ) Mother Nature is giving us a bit of a break with cooler mornings this week.  This morning, only 72 degrees, and dew-point in the 60s...sweeet.

I have one of those 'beeep beep beeep"  alarms, LRB. No questions, just beeps steady...and if you don't turn it off, it starts gradually beepingf faster and faster.  What I do:  the alarm goes beep,. I leave it going beep get up, get my running gear on, and go...and let Gail deal with it, she usually gets up later than I do, so I figure leaving the alarm beeping for her will help her get moving.   I just make sure I AM out of the house before she does get moving, so she won't throw it at ME! 

7 and 7...you are on a lucky running roll there, D2!

Happy SRD for you, Dave.

Hope your miles go well, Baboon, and your garmin behaves for you.

Happy recovery 7, Lily.  Maybe if your run goes well, your husband will have an ORCHID waiting for you....

Way to go on your hill work with the group, Step.  And yep..you guessed it...I'm not a big liker of smoothies either...altho I actually do like bananas and I like peanut butter.

Damaris, you'll just have to start running around 10 pm. or so.  Still will be damn hot where you are, but at least the sun won't be out.  Hopefully.

Congrats on the miles, FreeSoul.  Enjoy the new gym membership.   You might check your local YMCA for memberships too. Here in San Antonio, we have 10 YMCAs and for $45 a month, I get what's called the 'city-wide" membership and can use any of those 10 Ys in the city.  Makes it nice cuz then I can use them as a 'base' and go exploring all over different parts of the city when I do my running.   Plus, if I visit other cities, I can use the YMCAS there with the 'Visitor Pass" thingy on the back of my YMCA membership card, very convenient.

Dan...take a rest day!     Your 'rest day pace' is probably MY racing pace, lol.  Well, Dan, I bet if you yell "FIRE!" you'll have everyone participating in the hall-sprint races.

Good luck with the LR AND the ice bucket, Jay.

I think I would just learn to sleep with the alarm going off.  Yes, my wife is good at that too, Zelanie.  Maybe I should rig it so when it rings, it moves a bit, pulling over a cup of ice-water above her....that will kind of 'adapt' her, right...like Pavlov's dogs....she'll hear the alarm and get right up to avoid the ice water.  That'll work, right?  If she doesn't kill me first.....     FULL sun?  Do they even have such a thing in Oregon?

Happy rest day, Andrew.   Nice the little one is starting to get into a regular sleep pattern.

Happy workout, B-Plus.  I have absolutely no idea what rish pace is. Is that the sound you and the wind make when you're moving super-fast?  "Rish....Rish....RISH!"

Good luck with your run tonite, Cyberic.  In 31 years of running I've been on a treadmill exactly twice....and that was two times too many for me.  Wouldn't have gotten on it THOSE times, but the doctors made me do it.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

People always ask me why I walk so slow when I can run so fast (for most people I know, I run fast).

My wife asks me the same question. Apparently I walk slow.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cyberic, I'm the contrary.  I walk super fast.  Sometimes I end up talking to myself because I have left them all behind.  Sigh.

By the time my alarm sounds (with nature sounds and shit) I'm already halfway to the bathroom for a shower.  I wake up very fast.  That's if Trixie does not hear the alarm before it makes a sound, in which case she scratches my arm on her way out.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Me too, I walk very slow.  My wife and I go somewhere together and it drives her crazy, she tells me "I'm forging ahead and then I'll come back to rescue you..."  lol.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maybe she walks too fast?

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty, sadly I have to find a gym that is 24/7, our ymca gyms are like 6 am-8 pm hours. I need one that is open at 3-4 am.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty, sadly I have to find a gym that is 24/7, our ymca gyms are like 6 am-8 pm hours. I need one that is open at 3-4 am.

Sorry to hear that.  Our YMCAs open at 5 a.m. on the weekdays and close at 10 PM.  Saturday, open at 7 a.m.  Sundays is their 'down day', they open from 1 pm to 7 pm.   So not too bad.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sorry to hear that.  Our YMCAs open at 5 a.m. on the weekdays and close at 10 PM.  Saturday, open at 7 a.m.  Sundays is their 'down day', they open from 1 pm to 7 pm.   So not too bad.

Doesn't sound bad at all. There are 5 Bob's gyms around me... 3 or 4 of them in evansville and one just ten minutes from me that is 24 hours. I can go to any of them.

The Hazleton woman's body was found in the White River this morning,most likely went for a swim...probably on meth or something. Meth seems to be really popular in Indiana.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Maybe she walks too fast?

I think it's easy for her when I'm the one pushing the cart with the kid in it. "Honey, I can't thread the needle with this cart. There are people in the way."

- Andrew

LRB

BREAKING NEWS: I just ate half of a fresh pineapple, film at 11:00.

We now return you to your regular scheduled programming.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

BREAKING NEWS: I just ate half of a fresh pineapple, film at 11:00.

We now return you to your regular scheduled programming.

I hate pineapple.  Growing up having pineapple and pineapple juice every day (Lotus is made in PR, hello?) does that to you. Blah.

Damaris

LRB

I hate pineapple.  Growing up having pineapple and pineapple juice every day (Lotus is made in PR, hello?) does that to you. Blah.

Same with me and green bell pepper, I didn't even want to smell it as an adult!  They put that shit on everything back in the day. lol