Beginners and Beyond

Super Fly Saturday Dailies (Read 42 times)

LRB

Beautiful day for running, and despite the hill at mile 10, it was still a progression run.

FYP.  Cool

Jess runs for bacon

Divas was terrible. We got there early enough but people who got there even an hour before the start got stuck in traffic, resulting in an hour and half delay! Race was billed to have rolling hills, when in fact it was over 1,000 ft of elevation gain. Nothing I can't handle, but there were so many first timers that were not ready for it.

At least I have champagne now.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Joking How so LRB?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Hey all, haven't been hanging out in the dailies much, since my running continues to be crap & I have instead participated more heavily in the injury thread. I did run 6 miles today, longest in a month. But I know I am not fixed.

Anyhoo - my question is whether there was ever a marathon race report from April. I saw the posts that day, so I know that she finished but it was pretty rough. Did I miss the report, or does anyone know if one is forthcoming?

Dave

DavePNW

I hate autocorrect on the ipad. No matter how careful you are, stuff still sneaks in.

Puppy pool later this am.

Turn that autocorrect off! That's what I did, and never looked back.

Dave

DavePNW

Getting stuff packed up and then heading out early this afternoon for a lazy day of packet pickup, expo, and eating a bunch of mini wheats in the hotel.

Good luck Jay, and HUGE congrats on getting into Boston!!

Dave

Oh and Jay................EASY ON THE MINI WHEATS, DUDE...

No worries, I've thwarted the poo monster before this way, and the entire course is lined in woods should he appear. Big grin

Burrn - I think you've got that sub 4 for the taking.

DaveP - thanks, don't be a stranger

Thank you all for the good luck wishes. Smile

Safely holed up in my room, there's an Applebee's within walking distance but I'm thinking maybe it's better to save socializing for after the race.

LRB

Anyhoo - my question is whether there was ever a marathon race report from April.

No race report, but one happy gal!

Congrats on the run bro, take tomorrow off, and run every other day for a while.  That's what I did.  And for what it's worth I am not fixed either, I have learned to managed my hip injury.

FS, dang it, and nipply.  Blush

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Big grin

No race report, but one happy gal!

Congrats on the run bro, take tomorrow off, and run every other day for a while.  That's what I did.  And for what it's worth I am not fixed either, I have learned to managed my hip injury.

FS, dang it, and nipply.  Blush

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey all, haven't been hanging out in the dailies much, since my running continues to be crap & I have instead participated more heavily in the injury thread. I did run 6 miles today, longest in a month. But I know I am not fixed.

Anyhoo - my question is whether there was ever a marathon race report from April. I saw the posts that day, so I know that she finished but it was pretty rough. Did I miss the report, or does anyone know if one is forthcoming?

No race report and she has gone quiet.  I will stalk her some more via FB or text.  lilac, have you heard from her?

Damaris

B-Plus

No race report and she has gone quiet.  I will stalk her some more via FB or text.  lilac, have you heard from her?

Can we summon AprilRumner if she doesn't want to show up?

Nice run BP!  Those nine seconds are the carrot that dangles in your future.

Sub-38 wasn't really on my radar, but it stings to get so close. That would have also got me a spot in the seeded corral for our annual 10k with 50k+ runners. Oh well, it's still a confidence booster because I didn't taper and it's not everyday you can take 49 seconds off your PR during marathon training (just did 5 x mile @ 5k on Tuesday), and run the second half 8 seconds off your 5k PR. I got a split for a Final Sprint of 10.4. I wonder how far that was. Somehow I managed to snag 3rd in my AG. I guess the speedsters in my AG slept in today.

LRB

Oh well, it's still a confidence booster because I didn't taper and it's not everyday you can take 49 seconds off your PR during marathon training...

Shit, that makes it even better!

Welp, guess I better get off my tush and get out there for a few more miles, sigh.

Hip Redux

Picnic was a success.  We made a few thousand dollars, and I got puppy kisses.  

Now my ass is firmly planted on the couch for the rest of the night!

Jess runs for bacon

She's certainly around. I haven't seen or talked to her directly since the marathon though. I have to text her about something though...

Jess runs for bacon

Picnic was a success.  We made a few thousand dollars, and I got puppy kisses.  

Now my ass is firmly planted on the couch for the rest of the night!

Awesome!!! I am watching Too Cute puppies and drinking champagne. It's good.

Puppy kisses Smile