Beginners and Beyond

Guess it's my turn to start the TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hit 90sec per 400 and you are golden.  Wink

The day I can do that.....is the day the ambulance will be visiting the track!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

I'd do them at 5k pace personally onemile, or slightly faster, but closer to Daniels' I speed than R speed

Cyberic

4 x (4 minutes Hard with 3 minutes Easy). Pace was about 6:10, so says the foot pod. Might be a little slower in reality, I would need to hit the lap button for more accurate numbers.

6.9 miles total.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 freezing miles. The tiny bit of snow we got is mostly gone, so the sidewalls were clear.

Can you warm weather folks just send me 10-15 degrees? That's all I want.

B-Plus

Change of plans. I'm gonna jump in with a group instead tonight.

happylily

They kept me another day due to an hematoma that formed where they penetrated the main artery in my right groin. The resident doctor kept missing it (the artery) and my cardiologist had to take over. He got it on his first try, but said my arteries were small. No kidding... I made the mistake of looking and saw that the resident doctor was covered with my blood. That's when I realized that the liquid I could feel between my legs was not me peeing out of fear, it was just my own blood... Phew... Oh and they forgot to give me something to help me relax and I didn't ask because I'm too shy and am always afraid to bother them (then they could get real nasty in return...). This resulted in pain all over my body because I was as tensed as a steel bar during the whole time the surgery took place. It actually never really hurt, but I could feel them work in the artery and that was gross and scary on a mental level. So much so I thought I was going to pass out. I have PH, Group 1, not Eisenmenger. I am to continue with my medication, which does not alleviate any symptoms, but slows down the progression of the disease. Today, my groin is extremely sore, but the real funny thing is this: it's not as sore as my left calf. The left calf pain is due to my long run last Sunday. I laughed out loud when I got up this morning and realized this. I'm home now, going back to work tomorrow, but I can't pick up the kids for a few days. I may have to wait until the bruising in the groin area is gone before I return to running. There is risk of an infection, or a clot. Otherwise, I feel fine.  I was ready for the result, it's not worse than what I had prepared for.

Hope you all had more fun than I did in the last 48 hours!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Damn Lily... and people wonder why I am not 100% comfortable at the hospital.... so glad you survived and are doing better.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

Lily!  Glad you are home!   I can't believe they expect anyone to get through that without a sedative of some sort.  Yikes.

on my way to badass

Thanks for checking in Lily!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

B-Plus

Wow Lily! Just wow. I'm glad you're able to start your recovery now.

LRB

Sheeit I get anesthesia for a physical! lol

Scary shit, glad you're okay woman!  And that was a funny line regarding the calf pain versus the groin pain.

DavePNW

Wow Lily, what an ordeal. Hope everything works out OK, and please keep checking in!

Dave

Cyberic

lily, glad it is all over and you're ok. Residents have to learn, it's normal, but it sucks when we get to be the guinea pigs. Recover well!

LRB

...and please keep checking in!

Yes, or else Damaris is going to go gray from worry. lol

Little Blue

Lily, I'm not sure what your whole scenerio is about, but I'm glad you're through the surgery and have tolerable results.  Just proves, the hospital is no place for sick people or sissies!!