Beginners and Beyond

Totally Lazy Tuesdailies! (Read 39 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Geez, the dailies are turning into the injury thread!

Well, to be fair, I am on the mend. Can't speak for all though. Sounds like there's some significant ouchies out there.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hip Redux

Evening, Dailies!!

1.7 miles today....

...... walking, that is!

Knee is feeling great, but I don't want to jinx it. I will be walking a little longer each day, up to about 2.5 miles a day, 3 times a week. I plan to do a little 2 mile jog while I'm in Jacksonville for Christmas week. We'll see how that feels.

Good news!

Dave- My log will be public once the 2013 playoffs are over.  And then everyone will be able to see how ridiculously slowly I've been running to get my miles in! Blush

I have learned this year that a 13 minute mile is just as far as a 7minute mile. Great week Z!

i got 5 in tonight......22 degrees and my face is frozen!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

So I ran my first 60-mile week last week. Smile  

Woo Hoo! Inspiration for me to get back out there and carefully crank up the mileage. Smile

You're doing great, Z!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did 5 miles, 30 minutes of core, 50 pushups, more core. Fucking hot and humid.

Damaris

Hip Redux

Look, a floater!  (In the middle, with the Christmas InkNBurn tee Smile )

DavePNW

Dave- My log will be public once the 2013 playoffs are over.  And then everyone will be able to see how ridiculously slowly I've been running to get my miles in! Blush

TM vs. cold is a tough call.  I ran outside for 18 degrees, but since then it's been too icy.  I have no idea what single-digits would feel like.

Hey that's even tougher - the slower you go, the more your time committment!

The other way you get there, without even a true LR, is of course by running every day. I have never gotten higher than low 50's mpw, but I have never run more than 5 days/wk. I was always afraid that running more frequently would be rougher on my body. When I suppose in reality, spreading the miles over more days is probably better. Except more laundry. Joking (Never done doubles either.) I am currently working on building back up (hopefully will stay healthy), and trying to decide what kind of schedule I want to get into.

And also I agree - I love the 8-miler. Anything shorter seems hardly worth the bother. Too much more starts to feel like a LR, and hard to squeeze the time on weekdays.

Dave

LRB

And also I agree - I love the 8-miler. Anything shorter seems hardly worth the bother.

For me, 7 is just about right, although sometimes I will go 7.5.  I do run in the morning though so I need to stay right around 60 minutes.  But that is me this year, I remember when my 4 mile route was the shiz a couple of years ago!  lol

Yugo18

Good but long day at work and an easy 6 in the quiet, peaceful darkness.

I am sorry to hear so many people are dealing with injuries.  Healing vibes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice, Oski.

Damaris

Yugo18

BOO HISS

Angry  How long must you keep it on?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Angry  How long must you keep it on?

Til I can walk with no pain

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

People, it's fucking!  Not f***ing long.  It's RA, not RWOL. Joking

Damaris

LRB

People, it's fucking!  Not f***ing long.  It's RA, not RWOL. Joking

I obviously will use the full word but it depends on the context of the sentence.  Sometimes, f***in makes my point as well as or better than fuckin.  Sort of like a lady wearing fishnet pantyhose as opposed to bare skin, joo know?