Beginners and Beyond

Thursday is my Friday Penguins! (Read 29 times)

Dad on the run.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

Hey Penguins! just wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive! I did 6.3 lastnight, taking tonight off from running and tomorrow off from work to help wife with her yardsale stuff (i.e. I'll be keeping the kids entertained so she can focus on the sale)

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gail and I did weight training last night. She has her circuit of stuff she does and I have my circuit of stuff I do that my PT gave me to help with my spinal arthritis.   I've been doing 2 sets of 10 reps on each machine but at my last appointment my PT told me now it's time to increase the activity level, so last night per his instructions I went up to 3 sets of 10 reps each and, wow, by the time the session was done I could feel the change!

Was going to get up and run early this a.m. - yuk, don't like running in the morning on a weekday, I am so not a weekday morning person - but I got lucky, we got a little bit of a wind coming in today  to help cool us off a bit so Weatherman said it will only be a high of 92 today instead of 96.  Yeah, I can handle 92, no problem,  so instead of having to get up early this morning to run I get to run after work now, which is my favorite time to run during the weekdays.  Planning on about 3 - 4 miles in a local park that has good trails and lots of shade trees.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  7 miles tonight.

Yo, Jimmy!

Damaris

bingo_jenn

Hello Penguins!

It's been ages since I've been in here.  Rich and I were talking about our running and if we were active on the forums if it would be better...so I wanted to check in.

Hi JR! 

Scotty - Hey buddy!!  I always think of you.  Smile  I hope all is well with Gail and whatnot.

Damaris - Hola manita!  

Not running today.  Smile  I'm just getting back in after a really inconsistent month.  My grandma passed away, so I was traveling to see her and didn't have the motivation to run.  Right now I'm just getting my mileage up to start training for NYCM at the end of June.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hello Penguins!

It's been ages since I've been in here.  Rich and I were talking about our running and if we were active on the forums if it would be better...so I wanted to check in.

Hi JR! 

Scotty - Hey buddy!!  I always think of you.  Smile  I hope all is well with Gail and whatnot.

Damaris - Hola manita!  

Not running today.  Smile  I'm just getting back in after a really inconsistent month.  My grandma passed away, so I was traveling to see her and didn't have the motivation to run.  Right now I'm just getting my mileage up to start training for NYCM at the end of June.

She exists!

Damaris

Philliefan33

Good morning everyone!  SRD from running for me, but I'll do yoga this evening.

PADRunner

4 done this morning.  Hot and humid, summers here.

obiebyke

Mornin'. I managed my run yesterday despite having to rush my cat back to the vet for a fever and post-surgical inflammation. Sad RD today.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mornin'. I managed my run yesterday despite having to rush my cat back to the vet for a fever and post-surgical inflammation. Sad RD today.

Poor baby!  How is he doing now?

Damaris

obiebyke

Oops, I forgot that part! He's okay. They put some antibiotic ointment on his raw IV site and sent us packing, since he's already on a good broad spectrum antibiotic. He was really hungry after getting his painkiller last night, and peppy but still a little swollen this morning. I just hate when he hurts.

Poor baby!  How is he doing now?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Zelanie

You say it's your Friday?  It's my Friday too! Smile  Heading to the coast with DH after work to celebrate our 14th anniversary (a bit early), then the rest of the family will join us tomorrow to celebrate his 40th birthday (also a bit early).  Today is a SRD, but I will need to fit in 6 miles tomorrow and Saturday.

Jimmy- Hiya!  Good luck with the yard sale!

Scotty- Glad you got some "cool" weather to run in!

D- Hiya!

Jenn- Good to see you!

Margo- Enjoy the yoga!

PAD- Good job getting out in the heat.

obie- Poor kitty!  Glad he's feeling better again!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, shit, it is my Friday too as I took tomorrow as a vacation day to go to Chicago!  Yay!

How did I forget that????

Damaris

Zelanie

Brilliant

Good morning!  I'm headed out for something...not sure what.  I like what Jenn just said about being active on the forums being better for her running; I felt that way this morning.  "Oh I don't feel like running.  But wait, then I'll have to tell the penguins I didn't feel like running." Big grin

Damaris - have a great trip to Chicago!

Scotty - I'm glad the heat broke for you (92??? not really a break but if you want to tell yourself that!)

obie - sorry about the kitty but glad he's OK.

Zelanie, jblackjr, and Philliefan - enjoy your day off from running.