Beginners and Beyond

Respect the distance (Read 323 times)

Just B.S.

This is me, right?

Yep, been waiting out my perfect moment to join this thread. Me thinks I win.

That's right big boy!!!Good timing!!LOL

happylily

This is me, right?

LOL... no. But you probably are the cutest, though. :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

LOL... no. But you probably are the cutest, though. :-)

Who knew I'd be such a hit with taken Canadiens Smile

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

happylily

Who knew I'd be such a hit with taken Canadiens Smile

Taken, not taken... who pays attention to such little details anyway? Big grin Ask the other Canadian here, I'm sure she knows what I'm talking about. Big grin

I am Hans, and SIAR is Franz... and we are here to PUMP YOU UP.

This is me, right?

Just B.S.

Taken, not taken... who pays attention to such little details anyway? Big grin Ask the other Canadian here, I'm sure she knows what I'm talking about. Big grin

Details details.......who cares?  We know a cute nice young man when we see one, right Lily?

So SIAR you are a hit with the English and the Francophone ladies.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Details details.......who cares?  We know a cute nice young man when we see one, right Lily?

So SIAR you are a hit with the English and the Francophone ladies.

I feel like now is when I should have my awkward moment and turn 7 shades of red!

SHIRFAN....wingman, sweet!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

happylily

Beth and Shirfan... Big grin

I'm tired and had too much to drink. Bedtime... Goodnight, and be good, children! :-)

RSX

I was wondering the same thing but didn't want to ask in case someone blocked/unfriend me

on F/B............oh right I don't do FB!! Whew!!

That's funny. I'm not rushing into anything but am thinking of doing FB this year. First I need to get all the lingo down. At worst case my wife can friend me. If we have an argument do you get unfriended or just blocked?

catwhoorg

Labrat

hat trick for stevie ray!

High Five

Edit: wait.  Not just 3 quotes in a row... 4!  We don't have a name for that.

Quazilla...

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Just B.S.

That's funny. I'm not rushing into anything but am thinking of doing FB this year. First I need to get all the lingo down. At worst case my wife can friend me. If we have an argument do you get unfriended or just blocked?

Depends on how badly you piss off your wife.Big grin

RSX

Okay, it's taken me a couple of days of reading on and off, but I finally made it through this thread.  Can I get my medal now?

Scratch that-don't need the medal.  Whoever's bogarting that joint, just pass it down...

No you will never be caught up if you are like me. Everytime I walk away there is another ten pages to check out.

Mostly harmless

A funny term I heard for "un-friended" is "Frumped" as in Friend-Dumped.  A couple of interesting things about how FB works:

• If someone frumps you, you receive no notification.
                            • FB likes to show you a list of suggestions for new friends, people you aren't friends with that you have something in common with.
                            • A common way of finding out someone has frumped you is by noticing that they show up in your "suggested friends" list.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

No more marathons

Ya know - I've read this whole thread (I know - get a life) and I must admit it's like stepping into the middle of a family reunion - and it's not your family.  Heavy sigh - oh well, maybe I'll stick around for a while and just listen.

And no, I don't want the medal but could I get last year's t-shirt?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

DavePNW

Speaking of advice,  does anyone really get advice from a running forum? I always thin it's kind funny how some rise to level of running forum guru. Everything things been done a million times over. Run your long runs slow, some of the short ones fast, increase your millage gradually,  don't run when you're injured. It's just running for fucks sake,  google it, the answer is there, many,  many times over.

So I can understand coming to a forum to criticize just about anything & anyone, that's what people do. But coming to a forum to criticize the existence of the forum? That's when the whole thing implodes.

Dave