Beginners and Beyond

Respect the distance (Read 323 times)

Better I Leave

Okay, it's taken me a couple of days of reading on and off, but I finally made it through this thread.  Can I get my medal now?

Scratch that-don't need the medal.  Whoever's bogarting that joint, just pass it down...

**Breaks out the vaporizer, packs a bowl** Here...Try this instead.  **grin**

sirdizzy

Well that could be a bonus but I was thinking more like Ritalin.

Do you know if I was a kid nowadays I would probably be hopped up on Ritalin.   I am ADHD and OCD which is an awesome combo.  When I was 8 I had ten trips to the ER because I was a wild child.

xor

A funny term I heard for "un-friended" is "Frumped" as in Friend-Dumped.  A couple of interesting things about how FB works:

• If someone frumps you, you receive no notification.
        • FB likes to show you a list of suggestions for new friends, people you aren't friends with that you have something in common with.
        • A common way of finding out someone has frumped you is by noticing that they show up in your "suggested friends" list.

unfriending is also known as defriending... and a lot of us call it getting DEEFed.

I was going to point out the third bullet earlier in this lovely thread.  That's usually how I knew someone had tossed me.  Because we probably had many of the same friends, facebook would (and I assume still does, I dunno) cheerfully suggest this person to me as a potential friend.  "But wait, he's already my friend. Oh. Was.  He DEEFed me.")

Better I Leave

I just cracked a nice 2009 Central Coast MacMurray Ranch Pinot Noir...Anyone want a glass?

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

This thread has as much staying power as the Energizer Bunny.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Indeed.

The entertainment value in this thread has been priceless.

Don't believe everything you think. 

gusgordon

I really need to pay more attention to what's going on in the BF.

Jnfr Jogs

hat trick for stevie ray!

High Five

Edit: wait.  Not just 3 quotes in a row... 4!  We don't have a name for that.

To keep the baseball theme, but from the offensive rather than defensive side, perhaps a Grand Slam?

@runjerseygirl

unfriending is also known as defriending... and a lot of us call it getting DEEFed.

I was going to point out the third bullet earlier in this lovely thread.  That's usually how I knew someone had tossed me.  Because we probably had many of the same friends, facebook would (and I assume still does, I dunno) cheerfully suggest this person to me as a potential friend.  "But wait, he's already my friend. Oh. Was.  He DEEFed me.")

You told me you weren't on FB.  Now I'm sad. Cry

Do you even run?

Tar Heel Mom

kween

So a priest, a minister and a rabbi walk into a bar.  The bartender says, "So what is this?  Some kind of a joke?"

Bahahahahaha! Best thing in this thread.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Baboon

delicate flower

I really need to pay more attention to what's going on in the BF.

I spend a lot of time in here and still have no idea what the hell is going on.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

He used to be.

You told me you weren't on FB.  Now I'm sad. Cry

Damaris

happylily

I'm ready for our next group therapy session. Now that we've helped Amy, Dizzy and LTH, who's our next subject?

Bad joke, sorry... Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

flarunner

General advice is good for general guidance. When dealing with a specific situation for a specific person, it's not always obvious how to apply general advice. This is also why it sometimes makes sense to seek the advice of a coach instead of a running forum.

Unless you've been running for 18 months or more, then you don't need a coach.

Shakes head...

I'm ready for our next group therapy session. Now that we've helped Amy, Dizzy and LTH, who's our next subject?

Bad joke, sorry... Big grin

i liked it....and I am in line for help too Smile

since those three took the express line to get to the front, do they qualify for the Aladdin Magic carpet medal or do they have to wait to be cured before getting a finishers medal?

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas