Beginners and Beyond

Respect the distance (Read 323 times)

xor

I never saw it as a pissing contest NOR anything alpha male-y.  (I will note that one of the people who declared it to be alpha male stuff also likes to make the "men are all x" stereotype jokes).  Some things are interpreted differently by others.

Specific to the pissing contest, I was just trying to make a joke about the size of a picture.  I don't consider that to be "a pissing contest".  At worst, it was me being a pest.  Which is, like, 90% of my contributions in this thread.  I'm just kind of fucking around because I'm going nuts.

I could state which of my posts are the 10% serious stuff, but nah.  Well, the LTH interlude was, that's for sure.  As was some of the original stuff directed toward Dizz, but not the mumps stuff... THAT was a joke about google (!?!).

It's just running and it's just a message board.

Mandy, I declared you to be the alpha just to see if you'd apparate.  Ha.

Anyway, I have no design on alpha-ness.  I just like to write.  Mostly jokes.

Better I Leave

If I wasn't jn the phone I would post a bottle of the best boones farm I could find.

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis? Everybody knows that it's all about...

**giggle**

xor

catwhoorg

Labrat

Not knowing whether a person could get mumps more than once, I googled "can you get mumps more than once".  The Yes! No! back and forth in the results is at least as weird as this thread.

The answer is of course yes it is possible. Just like a vaccination is never 100% sure, natural immunity can fail due to different strains, or even just a sub-par immune system.

I had German measles (rubella) twice, once before the typical age of vaccination (teenage in the UK at that time), then again at university.

The second time was very mild by comparison.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Love the Half

If one looks carefully, which obviously many did not, I did not write what some folks think I wrote.  My screen name is Love the Half rather than Love The Half.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

tracilynn

Oh snap. The plot thickens.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Love the Half

And if one clicks on my profile, one gets my profile.  If one clicks on the profile of "Love The Half", it says, "this is a fake."

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Ah memories of high school in Lubbock tx Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

I never saw it as a pissing contest NOR anything alpha male-y.  (I will note that one of the people who declared it to be alpha male stuff also likes to make the "men are all x" stereotype jokes).  Some things are interpreted differently by others.

Specific to the pissing contest, I was just trying to make a joke about the size of a picture.  I don't consider that to be "a pissing contest".  At worst, it was me being a pest.  Which is, like, 90% of my contributions in this thread.  I'm just kind of fucking around because I'm going nuts.

.  Mostly jokes.

The bait wasn't for you. I guess I am too good.

I must be a master baiter Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

You guys are still at this?

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

The internet is serious business.

In transit, arriving on time. 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

SRL declared me the alpha now.  I humbly accept.

Running is dumb.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't know what the fuck has been going on while I was out but I'm back home and I'm opening the vodka as promised.

Damaris

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

SRL declared me the alpha now.  I humbly accept.

Please add it to your sig line.

In transit, arriving on time. 

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

If one looks carefully, which obviously many did not, I did not write what some folks think I wrote.  My screen name is Love the Half rather than Love The Half.

Oh my.  When sober, I will have to investigate further.