Beginners and Beyond

We Got Lost On The Way ThursDAILIES? (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not a golf fan 'eh?  I actually thought he was cool.

Puerto Rican, in case you did not know.   After all, Puerto Rico lo hace mejor.

Damaris

DavePNW

Oh yeah the running. Not going out in that shit. 7 on the treadmill.

Dave

delicate flower

Oh yeah the running. Not going out in that shit. 7 on the treadmill.

Atta boy! 

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me Two days in the double digits in a row. Yay.

Marjorie

Just B.S.

Our local radio station issued a "don't walk your dog" warning because it's too damn cold.

Only confirms my decision that today is yet again a treadmill day cause if it's too cold for

my dog it's too cold for meSmile

DavePNW

Our local radio station issued a "don't walk your dog" warning because it's too damn cold.

Only confirms my decision that today is yet again a treadmill day cause if it's too cold for

my dog it's too cold for meSmile

'Tis truly a day not fit for man nor beast.

Dave

Just B.S.

'Tis truly a day not fit for man nor beast.

Or women 

DaveP MI, good call staying in for the seven.

Marjorie, terrific 10.1.

Beth, have fun on the TM.

Ab work and push-ups: done.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

So glad to not have to deal with snow. The rain is bad enough but better than snow. You all can keep that crap. no thanks.

I don't eat donuts. Haven't had a cupcake in eons and beer isn't my thing. Beth I'm with you on the birthday cake. Haven't had one in 20 years at least.

Marjorie

DavePNW

Note to self: using the snowblower in swirling 25 mph winds is an exercise in futility. The snow ends up either back on the driveway, or on me. I will still never go back to shoveling, I use that thing on 1 inch of snow now.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I love shoveling snow..... it is an awesome workout for the whole body.

Note to self: using the snowblower in swirling 25 mph winds is an exercise in futility. The snow ends up either back on the driveway, or on me. I will still never go back to shoveling, I use that thing on 1 inch of snow now.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

I love shoveling snow..... it is an awesome workout for the whole body.

That depends on how much snow you are talking about. A couple inches, great. When clearing the drive is a multi-hour exercise in 12 inches or more of heavy wet stuff? No way.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Last winter storm earlier December we had like 8 inches on our drive, and under that was 2-3 inches of ice.

That depends on how much snow you are talking about. A couple inches, great. When clearing the drive is a multi-hour exercise in 12 inches or more of heavy wet stuff? No way.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Just B.S.

Exactly! And our driveway is almost 120 feet long. We have had over 2.5 feet so far this year.

I finally got hubby to agree this year to get a snowblower after 27 yrs as home owners. Needless

To say he is very happy I did.

Our evenings of spending  3 or 4 hours  shoveling before or after a run are over and I could not be happier. Smile

Hi dailies:

Happy north wind and flurry aka "Hercules" aka "a Blizzard" (nope.  not even close.  hell to the no.)

It *is* awfully cold though, with a feels like -10.  Going into the wind near open fields felt unsafe without a scarf and goggles, so I curtailed today to 7.  Maybe more later with full gear on, this is a good winter contest opportunity.