Beginners and Beyond

We Got Lost On The Way ThursDAILIES? (Read 40 times)

LRB

It *is* awfully cold though, with a feels like -10.  Going into the wind near open fields felt unsafe without a scarf and goggles, so I curtailed today to 7.  Maybe more later with full gear on, this is a good winter contest opportunity.

It is colder than a bitch!  I am looking forward to my weekend runs though, my body generates the equivalent of one million BTU's when running so I am all about it.  lol

Just B.S.

I had to get gas tonight on the way home, being without gas or low

in these temps is something you don't want to happen. Anyway I pumped $50 worth which only

takes a few minutes and I was wearing winter running gloves.

In th
      e few minutes that took I was in such pain from the cold in my fingers I was almost crying

THEN because I couldn't actually feel my fingers I dropped my credit card under the van and had

to get down on my hands and knees on the ice to retrieve it. NOT FUN 

LRB

I had to get gas tonight on the way home, being without gas or low in these temps is something you don't want to happen.

I strongly considered passing on gas until tomorrow but relented and got it tonight despite being hungry, wet and cold, ugh!  Hope you heat up quick, I have on ten layers!  lol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

You all are making me feall cold just reading this. I hate cold. So, I will curl up in my pink fuzzy blanket and stay warm.

Marjorie

Just B.S.

You all are making me feral cold just reading this. I hate cold. So, I will curl up in my pink fuzzy blanket and stay warm.

I an in my house with the heat cranked up wearing a turtleneck, sweater and a fleece jacket sitting under

A blanket and I am still not warm. I hate cold too Smile

LRB

You all are making me feral cold just reading this. I hate cold. So, I will curl up in my pink fuzzy blanket and stay warm.

The best worst is yet to come next week, with a high of 2 expected here Tuesday.  Yes, you read that right, that is the high!

Just B.S.

The best worst is yet to come next week, with a high of 2 expected here Tuesday.  Yes, you read that right, that is the high!

The feels like high today was -23 I think. Actual temp right now is -15 but its windy, cuts like a knife.

Hip Redux

We're going to hit record breaking cold over the next few days here (highs of -10 etc), and then Monday is supposed to be in the 40s.  

Tomorrow will be an indoor spin day (on the spin bike in our living room), I think.  I am not even sure I want to leave the house to go to the gym in that weather.

In the few minutes that took I was in such pain from the cold in my fingers I was almost crying

THEN because I couldn't actually feel my fingers I dropped my credit card under the van and had

to get down on my hands and knees on the ice to retrieve it. NOT FUN 

Ugh. Sad

StepbyStep-SH

It isn't quite as cold here as where Beth is, but I have the addition of fun chills from this virus - I turned the heat up in the house, I'm wearing a sweatshirt, under a blanket and still cannot get warm.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Regular donuts? Not worth it. Voodoo dounuts? The bomb!

And we went out for fru fru cupcakes yesterday. Salted caramel. Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Our driveway is something like 200 feet, I know my GPS reads .1 miles on from garage door to road.

Ain't snow for shit here, but tomorrow morning is going to 16 degrees with a feels like 6 - but only 7 mph winds so that ain't bad. I am more concerned with my 13-14 miler Sunday...........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Just B.S.

Our driveway is something like 200 feet, I know my GPS reads .1 miles on from garage door to road.

Ain't snow for shit here, but tomorrow morning is going to 16 degrees with a feels like 6 - but only 7 mph winds so that ain't bad. I am more concerned with my 13-14 miler Sunday...........

Feels like of 6! Lucky you!!!

Jay, you ran seven miles in this weather?

Wow! Stay safe and warm, folks.

LRB

That's about 160 meters.  You could do speed repeats one way on that bad boy, then recover the other way X 10 each after a good warm up!