Beginners and Beyond

MonDailies (Read 17 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I have today off.  Planning to run a little later and then check out the 90% eclipse in the afternoon.  I have both a pinhole camera and eclipse glasses.

Upcoming

04/15 Baboon - Boston Marathon

(Technically not this week, but sometimes I'm not prompt in posting races on Mondays and I wouldn't want to post this after the race took place.)

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  I ran 6.65 easy miles this morning.  I bought some eclipse glasses from the grocery store the other day for $2.50, so I am good to go.

I think the Boston Marathon belongs in this weekend's race list.  Speaking of Boston, this article is on the cesspool that is letsrun.  A little premature IMO, but still nice to see it.  Hopefully this hold up!

2024 Boston Marathon Forecast – Conditions Look Great For Running Fast

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! RD but took today off to watch the eclipse. I'll be walking around if I cannot watch it from my porch.

Heading now to get my Covid booster so I can be somewhat protected in London.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I think the Boston Marathon belongs in this weekend's race list.  Speaking of Boston, this article is on the cesspool that is letsrun.  A little premature IMO, but still nice to see it.  Hopefully this hold up!

2024 Boston Marathon Forecast – Conditions Look Great For Running Fast

Looks a little too warm to me.  One of the years I ran the radio announcers were saying it was a beautiful day for the marathon, while we runners were muttering under our breadth than 70F at the start was not ideal marathon weather.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I ran 6.9 in nice sunny weather - I hope that holds for the eclipse later.

It seems there's a lot of vocal criticism about this year's Boston medal, with regard to how prominent the sponsor's name is on it.  It does look a little over the top to me.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Looks a little too warm to me.  One of the years I ran the radio announcers were saying it was a beautiful day for the marathon, while we runners were muttering under our breadth than 70F at the start was not ideal marathon weather.

I hate when they say that as you know that means it's hot for us!

London is not looking good either, but not horrid. I don't like running a marathon in the high 50s or 60s.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

I'm not going to complain about a high of 60 for Boston.  10 degrees cooler would be nice, but given some of Boston's weather in recent years, this would be fine.  Not to mention for me personally, 75-80 degrees doesn't seem to slow me down too much.

<3

sdWhiskers

5 mi for me with sunny blue skies. Work has glasses for us and is showing TV coverage in the lunchroom. Of course, I have a meeting during half of it with some external folks but will try to get that wrapped up early.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Got my snacks ready to watch the eclipse:

May be an image of wine and text that says 'RADIUS ECLPSERB ECLIPSE RED BLEND ALIFORNIA N'

Damaris

DavePNW

Ran 7 miles, now at the airport getting ready to board a flight. Traveling from a place with no eclipse viewing to another place with no eclipse viewing. OK then.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 7 miles, now at the airport getting ready to board a flight. Traveling from a place with no eclipse viewing to another place with no eclipse viewing. OK then.

Tell them to bifurcate to somewhere with some eclipse viewing, ha.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Saw ~40% at the peak here. Not a cloud in the sky.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I'm told we had more than 90% coverage here.  Two things struck me about that.  1) even at less than 10% the sun is still very bright and it was not all dark here.  2)  The shadows cast by the sun were still very stark and about what you'd expect for this time of day - it seemed like I was wearing sunglasses though I wasn't.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've never seen this so it was pretty eerie and gorgeous:

May be an image of eclipse

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We got completely dark. This picture does not do it justice:

May be an image of lighting, grass and twilight

Damaris