Beginners and Beyond

Birthday cake- another good reason to run more miles! (Read 95 times)

Zelanie

Forgive the spam, but I'm really happy with how my daughter's birthday cake turned out this year:

It's an orange layer cake with orange-cream cheese and chocolate ganache filling and an orange-sour cream frosting.  It's my first time making chocolate curls, too.  They were a PITA, but worth it.

It's her 15th birthday today.  Where did the time go?

LRB

It's her 15th birthday today.  Where did the time go?

You have still got time.  Just wait until she's married and shows up at your house with her family for the holidays, then you can really ask that question lol!

Sorry for the spam my butt, that cake looks frickin awesome!  Nice!

Pinktastic

Now I want cake!   Seriously though, I do want cake, but more importantlycallee cake you made looks awesome!!  Totally beautiful!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Nomnomnomnomnom!

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

That looks really good! Chocolate and orange are one of my favorite flavor combos!

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Very nice!  Happy Quince!

Damaris

Luke79

cake>3.14

I wouldn't even want to eat that because it would mess it up.  Beautiful work, and yummy.

Zelanie

Thanks, all!  Did I mention there is also cointreau syrup on the layers?

D- She was bugging me to have a quinceañera, but we're slackers and she's the only Latina in the family.  So hopefully the cake will suffice.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

YUM!!!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Better I Leave

Oh man does that look yummy or what? Nice work there Zel. I love cake....I have such a sweet tooth.

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

That is an amazing cake.

In transit, arriving on time. 

robinde

Looks great!!

happylily

You are so talented! I could never make something like that, but I could totally eat it all!

Happy Birthday to your young lady! 15 is nothing... My DD could make me a grand-mother at this point in her life. It's both exciting and depressing at the same time. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Little Blue

Chocolate and orange.  Day-um, I want to be 15 again, just so you can make me a cake.  Gorgeous!

GinnyinPA

Very pretty!  I'm sure it's delicious too - chocolate and orange - yum!