Beginners and Beyond

Dork (Read 150 times)

B-Plus

The other day I saw a runner getting ready for his run, like it was the start of a race. You know, totally still, slightly leaning forward, with 1 finger on the start button of his watch. This was after he did a bunch of dorky stretches. Do you do this?

I really wanted to run in front of him just to be a dick.

Hip Redux

Maybe he was participating in the latest craze "The Invisible Race".  Forget color runs, compete against people you can't see!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Haha.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Maybe you should have just watched him and waited....and then right after he started shou out really loudly 'FALSE START!'' Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Gator eye

Yeap sure do and I don't give a shit what you think of me

B-Plus

Yeap sure do and I don't give a shit what you think of me

Can you post a pic? Nothing good came up on google image search when I typed in "runner dork"

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Maybe he was prepping for a timed hard interval...

Though the stretches prior confuse me a little.

BTW, that would truly be a dick move and smacks of some insecurity.

Gator eye

Can you post a pic? Nothing good came up on google image search when I typed in "runner dork"

Be back with you in the morning, I got a full length mirror in my bath. Should be able to get some good self pics with it. lol

B-Plus

Maybe he was prepping for a timed hard interval...

Though the stretches prior confuse me a little.

BTW, that would truly be a dick move and smacks of some insecurity.

That most definitely would be a dick move. I may think like a douche, but I have enough restraint not to act like one Big grin

Mostly harmless

I'm confused. Which is worse, acting like a dork or being a dick? Does one trump the other? Do they cancel each other out? Confused

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

#artbydmcbride

I use blocks.....

Runners run

nolamama

CQTM

I use blocks.....

Which is very important so you can get a fast start.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

You should have raced him!! lol

I do not start like that. I wait for my Garmin to locate, then I start running, and then hit Start.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

DollarBill

I thought this was going to be a thread about bikers who don't give any indication that they see you running and have deemed all runners to be unworthy of any recognition.  Wink

B-Plus

I'm confused. Which is worse, acting like a dork or being a dick? Does one trump the other? Do they cancel each other out? Confused

It depends on whether the person is actually a dork, or just being dorky. Same goes for the dick. If somebody is acting like a dick, and the other person is actually a dork, then acting like a dick is worse since the dork can't help it.

Speaking of dorkiness, I have a 20-miler coming up. I think I might dust off my hydration belt.