Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 55 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cool     WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!     Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Run and weights tonight.

Damaris

delicate flower

'Morning!  Happy Monday!  I really wish I would have gotten the license plate of that truck that ran me over.  Black eye  Weekends are hard work.

Not sure what I'm doing after work today but it'll be something easy.  Elliptical, treadmill, PT...undecided.

<3

happylily

Morning, beautiful! Have a cool Monday!

It's St John the Baptist Day! 8 million Quebecers will be getting drunk on beer and wine and act like big pains in the neck, on roads and in city parks. Just like any normal day. But we don't have to go to work! Yes!!!

No, not pregger. Embarrassed Although I could become pregnant if I really wanted to, but that would interfere with my professional stationary cyclist career. The good news: My beautiful DD is 5 weeks pregnant! Please God, let it be another girl. The world doesn't have enough crazy women in it. Big grin

60 minutes biking, pushup routine (SIAR, I hate you Big grin)

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Morning handsome guy! Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning all, I'm still debating on whether I should get out there and run in this rain or not... I don't mind having soaked, water-filled shoes by the end of the run but before I even reach the end of my driveway doesn't sound that appealing. I might have to wait until this evening and pray it isn't raining this much... Angry

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Supp!

What a long day and night, fun times with the fam.  My girls looked beautiful!

Before our dance, kid # 2 got up and told the crowd a story about something I did for her a million years ago, and how it impacted her all these years.  I actually never realized it, and it was all I could do to keep myself together.  One more word though and I would've fallen apart.  Phew, that was close!

I finally got in and laid down just after 2:00, blinked one time, then it was 7:00!  WTF?  >:-/

I couldn't run today if I wanted to, and I do not.

Congrats to all the racers from the weekend, I am horribly behind on the front page, I will catch up later.  Right now, it's time for a long refreshing shower.  Wait, I'm at work already.  ; )

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice story, LRB.

Our heat index is 103F for this afternoon.  And 76DP.  Kill me now.

Damaris

Happy Monday, people.

Damaris, thank you for starting today's thread. I hope that running and lifting go well.

Phil, have fun doing whatever you do.

Lily, congratulations to your daughter and the whole family! What's the connection between alcohol and Saint John the Baptist? I could understand diving into a river. Beer? Not so much. Brava on the push-ups and biking.

FreeSoul87, I hope that the rains ease, so that you can comfortably run.

Rick, that made me melt. Have a relaxing and refreshing day.

I did weights. After work, I'll do my first quality workout of the week: thirty minutes easy running, thirty minutes at T pace, thirty minutes easy running. (I think that the book says twenty minutes of each, but I'll have time to kill.) I haven't decided whether I'll do push-ups and ab work post-run or after I return home.

Our heat index is 103F for this afternoon.  And 76DP.  Kill me now.

Is DH singing this to you?

We gotta get out of this place

If it's the last thing we ever do

Girl, there's a better life for me & you

If not he should be, that weather is just redonculous. It is uncomfortably hot & steamy here in Motown; running yesterday was pretty brutal (even aside from the knee pain), and I was up half the night because it was too hot to sleep (the A/C has trouble making its way to our bedroom). But in comparison I am a bit ashamed to use those words.

LRB: having 2 daughters myself, I got misty just reading that.

Grandmalily: congrats! This is possibly even freakier to me than finding out LRB is a grandpa, I learn something new about these forumites every day.

RD for me. Have a great day everyone.

Dave

Good morning friends.

Spent 40 min in the pool then swung some kettle bells.

July 4th I am running a 5k and so is my 6 yr old. When I asked him if he wanted to run ( I knew the answer) he asked how far is the race. I said 3 miles. He laughs and says a 5K. I can run that hard.

Later

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Hip Redux

I could have slept another billion hours this morning.    Will be back for dailies in a bit, need moar coffee.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha.  I wish!

We never turn off the AC.  It's on all year long.  That should tell you something.

Is DH singing this to you?

If it's the last thing we ever do

Girl, there's a better life for me & you

If not he should be, that weather is just redonculous. It is uncomfortably hot & steamy here in Motown; running yesterday was pretty brutal (even aside from the knee pain), and I was up half the night because it was too hot to sleep (the A/C has trouble making its way to our bedroom). But in comparison I am a bit ashamed to use those words.

LRB: having 2 daughters myself, I got misty just reading that.

Grandmalily: congrats! This is possibly even freakier to me than finding out LRB is a grandpa, I learn something new about these forumites every day.

RD for me. Have a great day everyone.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! I took a complete RD Sunday - just wasn't feeling it.

This morning was 8 miles mostly easy, with 10xstrides thrown into the last mile. Total: 8.12 miles at 10:01 overall pace.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

I had a super cutback week last week. I was feeling burned out and missing my mojo so I didn't push it. I'm feeling refreshed now and ready to tackle a new week... except that it's going to be hot and humid all week. Right now the DP is 70. Ugh. So, 5 miles after work if I don't die.