Beginners and Beyond

Lateral training - Helix (Read 40 times)

Hip Redux

Anyone seen this thing?  I can't even imagine how I would stay on. lol

http://youtu.be/7w2P0AN2CEg

Nice little dig about running ruining joints about midway in, too.  

LRB

It makes me dizzy just looking at the stupid thing.  I would probably need a barf bag to ride on it exercise on it.

Love the Half

Meh, it's a side to side elliptical.  Anything that gets your heartrate up is a good thing although I would imagine there are lot cheaper ways to do it.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Walk-Jogger

Looks a bit like my hill-climbing technique on my road bike.

Retired &  Loving It

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'd probably fall. But I wish my gym had one. I bet my doctor would clear me to do that long before running and it looks like a good workout.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

I'd probably fall. But I wish my gym had one. I bet my doctor would clear me to do that long before running and it looks like a good workout.

It does look like it's tough. But every time I try to think about how to move the pedals while watching the video, I feel like I'm trying to pat my head and rub my belly at the same time.

tracilynn

That looks really cool! Hmmm.  I would love to try it. It does look strange though.

Running ruins your joints?!?

~~~~~~~

Traci

From the Internet.

I'm such a lifting snob, I actually sneered at a few of those comments.. "It works all your muscles! You have to engage your core!"

OR, you could keep your cardio and strength training separate and actually train both systems efficiently... but I guess then you wouldn't sell as many crazy side-ellipticals.