Beginners and Beyond

Pam Anderson to run NYC Marathon (for charity) (Read 131 times)

LRB

Ha! Actually it would make me very happy to beat Katie Holmes. You should run NYC next year btw Surprised

I do not know how to get in, I will look into it though.  The idea is appealing.

SheCan

I was catching up with this thread and got so tickled.  Yeah, those boobs are ridiculous.  I can't imagine any real woman wanting to look like a cartoon character or maybe an over the top comic book chick.

LRB that list was super fun to look at.  I couldn't help but look to see where I would fit in.  I was surprised at how slow some were and how fast a few were.  Sure looks though like scientists, writers, and politicians, in general,  can kick actors' butts though.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

meaghansketch

I do not know how to get in, I will look into it though.  The idea is appealing.

http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/how-to-qualify.html

Lottery or charity are most likely your best options Smile

LRB

http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/how-to-qualify.html

Lottery or charity are most likely your best options Smile

What, you do not think I can run a 2:58?  Boo, you.  Tongue

meaghansketch

What, you do not think I can run a 2:58?  Boo, you.  Tongue

Hey, good for you if you can!  To me a 2:58 seems like a pretty high bar.

LRB

To me a 2:58 seems like a pretty high bar.

Yeah, like up near the frickin' clouds!

While a 2:58 is only two spots away from my current VDOT value, I would have a better shot at getting struck by lightening twice, in the same thunderstorm, with a winning lotto ticket in my pocket training for and attempting the 1:25 half marathon.  And even that would take a miracle!

But if a person did that, could they apply for the full instead?

meaghansketch

Yeah, like up near the frickin' clouds!

While a 2:58 is only two spots away from my current VDOT value, I would have a better shot at getting struck by lightening twice, in the same thunderstorm, with a winning lotto ticket in my pocket training for and attempting the 1:25 half marathon.  And even that would take a miracle!

But if a person did that, could they apply for the full instead?

Yep-- There is only a full, both qualifying times (half/full) are counted the same.  The half standards are considered to be quite a bit easier!

LRB

The half standards are considered to be quite a bit easier!

Well, I am a dreamer!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I'm running a marathon for charity, and I'm probably as relevant today as Pam Anderson.  She's already been roasted on Comedy Central.  That's pretty much like a retirement party.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

DavePNW

LRB knows this, but the Grand Rapids Marathon pace groups were actually named after celebrities who had run those times. The pace leader signs even had a photo of the celeb. I started with the Will Ferrell group (3:56), but dropped off the pace & finished a little behind Diddy (4:14). But I handily beat Oprah (4:29).

Dave

RSX

The only Boston I have in common with the celebrity list was Boston 2002 with Ali Landry. There were college kids holding up her picture asking us if we had seen her, but much to my chagrin I beat her by a lot.

meaghansketch

LRB knows this, but the Grand Rapids Marathon pace groups were actually named after celebrities who had run those times. The pace leader signs even had a photo of the celeb. I started with the Will Ferrell group (3:56), but dropped off the pace & finished a little behind Diddy (4:14). But I handily beat Oprah (4:29).

My sister (more into politics than celebrities) really wants me to beat Rick Perry (4:01) but I wouldn't mind beating Sarah Palin at the same time (3:59).  I did beat Oprah and Al Gore! (4:58)

catwhoorg

Labrat

The Oprah line is the key one in any marathon I think.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

LRB

LRB knows this, but the Grand Rapids Marathon pace groups were actually named after celebrities who had run those times.

I went out with PI's Pacers (1:40/3:14) for the half marathon there and yeah, that did not end to well for me either!  lol

CWO, the Oprah group could be its own race there are so many people in it!

Meaghan, George Bush was my target (3:44), but I came up 3 minutes short.  It is a cool thing for motivation and training, but none of it matters during mile 23, when your ass is dragging on the ground behind you. lol  Now go get Palin!

DavePNW

It is a cool thing for motivation and training, but none of it matters during mile 23, when your ass is dragging on the ground behind you. lol  

+1

I maintain that nothing, NOTHING can "motivate" you at that point. It's just whatever your body is willing to give you.

Dave