Beginners and Beyond

Week 51 Penguins can fly, with a little help! (12/16-12/22) (Read 7 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Good morning, Penguins all!!  Today is Wright Brothers Day, commemorating that first successful plane flight at Kitty Hawk.  OBX is the beach vacation of choice for lots of Virginia folks, since it's about 4 hours away, so DH and I have been to Kitty Hawk a couple of times.  So believe me when I tell you, that first successful flight was SHORT!!  Also, if you happen to go there, the US Postal Station was where the Wright Brothers spent most of that winter, and now it's a restaurant, the Black Pelican.  The food is WONDERFUL, so definitely go there, and save room for dessert!

Yoga and biking both done.  The snow is gone, thanks to the weekend rain, so it was good to be back on my bike.  Though I have to admit, after yoga, I was ready to go back to bed!

Four days of work this week -- our winter closing starts this Friday.  I really need the break, so I'm looking forward to it very much.  I'll be back January 3rd (I have a doctor's appt on the 2nd), so you'll have to finish out the year without me!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I have 7 miles tonight.

HopesMom, nice job on the workouts. So today is your Tuesday?  That’s awesome.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Yes, which is probably why my meeting I thought was on Tuesday showed up this morning at 11:30.  Or I'm just a doof.  Could be either one!

Singer who runs a smidge

Biking done today, woo-hoo!!  I'm enjoying this week when the students are gone, though yesterday was the only "warm" day this week.  Highs in the 40's the rest of the week.  Still, I have a good jacket and seat warmers in my car.

Since my meeting and seminar happened yesterday, I don't think I have anything meeting-wise today.  I've got data to analyze, reports to write, and samples to process.  Three(*) more working days until vacation!!

*I can't seem to remember this this is Tuesday, not Wednesday.  Part of me is convinced that it's just today and tomorrow.  Sheesh!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 8 miles tonight.  Today is our holiday lunch and boss is here.  I also feel like crap today due to either high BP (which I had this morning) or low BP due to taking two meds by accident.  I am starting to feel old if I don't remember taking a med 2 minutes before. I still think I didn't take two but sigh.

HopesMom, I hate when that happens (miscalendar a meeting). Yay for biking today! Yeah, unfortunately it is Tuesday.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

DH uses one of those daily pill box thingys.  He even has an AM/PM one, because some of his pills are morning pills and some are night.  I'm only on birth control, so I just have to remember what day of the week it is.

Which of course is not working this week.  Still convinced that tomorrow is Thursday!

GinnyinPA

We use an AM/PM pill box as well. I only have one real medication (for thyroid) but also take vitamins and iron and Jim has a slew of meds. Even though it's kept in the bathroom so we see it numerous times a day, we still manage to forget sometimes. That's not important for the glucosamine, but does matter for his diabetic meds.

D - I hope you're feeling better now. Was the luncheon bearable?

HM - enjoy your short week. I understand about how confusing it is when there's a short week, though I usually had issues with the Monday holidays throwing everything off. Plus you're trying to do 5 days of work in 4, and that's always stressful.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, all!!  Yoga and biking done today.  I'm tired, like end-of-the-year, hasn't-solstice-passed-yet tired. Still, there's just today and tomorrow, so I think I'll survive.  I've got one more report to write, a ton of emails yet to respond to, one investigator to track down for a billing code, and potentially some samples coming in today.  Not too bad.  No quartet tonight, but chorus tomorrow.

Then Friday is baking, icing the cookies I baked and froze a couple of weeks ago, and packing, so that Saturday we can head off to my folks' for Christmas!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and my first acupuncture appointment ever.  Hoping it helps my heel.

I have a daily pill thing; I just will not use it, lol.  I won't accept I need it yet, haha.  I felt ill all day and my BP was high all day so I guess I did take only one med; still, my 8 last night were pleasant surprisingly.

Ginny, hoping your day is a good one.

HopesMom, enjoy today, which will feel like a Thursday.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Good morning, all!!  It's my Thriday and I am SO.STINKING.GLAD!!!  I am very much in need of this break.  I looked at my leave balances for the year, to make sure I can roll everything over, and I still have over 50 hours of unused sick leave and 28.75 days of vacation.  Clearly I've been working too much this year!!  It's all good, though.  Having Meera around will help a lot -- she's jumped in with both feet.  She's just a little overeager -- I caught her this morning before she did something to the latest sample set that they definitely did NOT need, but it's ok.  She'll learn pretty quickly.

No yoga or biking today due to time constraints.  I'll take my VFF's and yoga blocks down to my folks' -- doing yoga while I was there made lots of things better over Thanksgiving, from a finding a zen mind-set to working out the kinks in my back from a strange bed.  So that's all good.  Chorus rehearsal tonight, and I'm directing, so that's always a workout!

Happy holidays to you and yours!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  It is my Thriday as well, yay!  I have Pilates and 13 miles tonight.

HopesMom, hope you enjoy your time off!  Glad the new person is a good fit.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

HM - enjoy your vacation break

D - good luck with your 13 tonight. Enjoy the long weekend.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  I ended up not running 13 but my 8 with 3 X 1 Mile @ 10K and at the LA Fitness gym since my TM is still broke.  More parts are coming.  Sigh.

I have 9 tonight.

Damaris