Beginners and Beyond

Tights - Help me Pick (Read 91 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Looking for a second pair of tights and I can't decide between the two:
    http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Sugoi_Wom_SubZero_Zap_Tight_Black_MD/descpage-SWSBZT3.html

The one above is $100

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/The_North_Face_Womens_Winter_Warm_Tight/descpage-NFWWWT.html

These are $85

I personally really like the Sugoi ones but I like the pricetag on the North Face ones...... help me!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

I have a lot of Sugoi stuff and it's really great quality. I'm also bias because it's a Canadian company. But yeah, the price is high. Can't you get some sort of discount on your Thanksgiving black Friday? It's like in a week or two?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have a lot of Sugoi stuff and it's really great quality. I'm also bias because it's a Canadian company. But yeah, the price is high. Can't you get some sort of discount on your Thanksgiving black Friday? It's like in a week or two?

Hmmm... it is on the RunningWarehouse site, do they do Black Friday sells? I've never paid attention and I do not go shopping on Black Friday.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

They sometimes post an occasional coupon on Facebook, you need to like their page to see it.

Hmmm... it is on the RunningWarehouse site, do they do Black Friday sells? I've never paid attention and I do not go shopping on Black Friday.

Don't know about Black Friday but you can check this out:

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/giftcards.html?utm_source=mailer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=141110GiftCard

tracilynn

Buy them both and try them on to see which ones you like better. I had my heart set on some CW-X tights and bought them and the fit was TERRIBLE.  I have some sugoi shorts that I really like.

I think runblog10 code still works for 10% off.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Singer who runs a smidge

I have Sugoi sub-zero tights, and they're really good.  My butt gets all kinds of frigid when it's cold out, and the tights help.  Doesn't fix the problem, but it helps.  If you're not prone to getting really cold, though, the Sugois may be overkill.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll wait (try to wait) until we get closer to Black Friday, see if they have any sells on those particular tights.

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have Sugoi sub-zero tights, and they're really good.  My butt gets all kinds of frigid when it's cold out, and the tights help.  Doesn't fix the problem, but it helps.  If you're not prone to getting really cold, though, the Sugois may be overkill.

My butt/legs get pretty numb and icy cold and I am more concerned about frostbite and stuff and comfort....

PRs

Singer who runs a smidge

Then yeah, you'll want to spring for the Sugois.  FWIW, they also hold up really well -- my oldest ones are a few years old, with weekly washing, and I also throw them in the dryer.  They were just beginning to show signs of falling apart when I sort of fell apart myself and quit running.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

B-Plus

The Sugoi warehouse sale is coming up, but I guess it doesn't help if you're not in Van. Should I go line up for you?

Jill.

Penguin Power!

FWIW Amazon has the Sugois for 86.99

I have no feedback on this as I'm typically a "hot" runner and get by with Nike DriFits down to about 20 degrees.  NYC rarely gets too much colder than that.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

onemile

I have the sub-zero and the mid-zero Sugois. They're alright.  Honestly I can't tell much difference between the two except the sub zeros seem slightly longer (the mid-zeros leave my ankles exposed).  I like my Lululemon Runder Pants the best but they don't sell them any more and they really aren't very warm.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol I would not ask anyone to wait in line for me.

PRs

From the Internet.

I have the SubZero tights, tried them on and liked the fit but haven't actually used them yet - they feel warmer than my other tights though. I got them for $67.99 on Amazon, check there!