Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES! (Read 44 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry. I did not know that.

Eh, you should assume anything that's not air will hurt my lungs.  And even air would since I am allergic to dust.

I am really pissed so I sent my boss an email.  I didn't sound piss in the email but I think they should have notified me of this before it happened, not let me find out when I had my asthma attack.

Damaris

cjones1

6.5m easy miles postponed due to wicked thunderstorms this morning.  Oh well, so much for my RD on Thursday. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Here is today's math problem: What is 7 miles + 8:49 pace + 37 degrees + 1 big blueberry pancake + 2 eggs +  2 bacon + bottomless coffee?  Think...

Yes! The answer is ESU!

Now I am well full and feeling good. There is some snow coming later so I am going to be a real mountain man and chop some wood. Then it's shower, reading, nap. I like spring break.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Always. ESU FTW.

Damaris

LRB

6.5m easy miles postponed due to wicked thunderstorms this morning.  Oh well, so much for my RD on Thursday. Smile

I thought you moved a run to your rest day already? Or did you run on a rest day? Wait, was it rest on a run day? No, that would have been today, I think. 

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

11 today. Was supposed to be mile repeat. Ended up as fartleks. Good enough is good enough.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

From the Internet.

6 miles easy this morning. My right hip was sort of wonky last night so cutback week it shall be - had some extensive foam roller/lacrosse ball time to try to get it back to normal. Felt fine this morning but probably was smart not to push it. Weights in a little bit (hopefully, no time tomorrow!).

workinprogress11

On the contrary. She knows I pretend to eat better when I train and I go full piggy when not training. The thing is... I just pretend  to be eating better. I don't expect people to believe me!

Here is how it works for me.

Training=ESU

Not training=ESU and get fat

cjones1

I thought you moved a run to your rest day already? Or did you run on a rest day? Wait, was it rest on a run day? No, that would have been today, I think. 

Haha, who the hell knows anymore? Smile  My "scheduled" rest days are Thursday and either Saturday or Sunday.  Scheduled is in quotes because in 2015, I have kept that specific schedule exactly once.  Usually end up shuffling around a bit because of the weather or whatever reason.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Baboon

delicate flower

Evening run complete.  60 minute treadmill progression run.  8.9 miles, 6:46 avg pace (details in log).  Goddamn that was hard.  

14.4 miles on the day.

BTW Garmin says I ran a 10K PR today (40:38).  That'd be over a two minute PR.  Too bad treadmill training runs don't count!

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think fate is trying to tell me something..... www.runningwarehouse.com's page will not load and I want to buy a pair of shoes damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I can't decide between these two. Although I really like the ones on the left.

Or These

GT-2000 3

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Had a meeting and didn't feel like running when I came out of it. So I decided to take an URD. It's like I was training to get a sub 20 5K, but I've achieved my goal while I raced a 5K during training. Now I don't even feel like racing that goal race anymore. Heck, those 5K races are hard! I will race it (I paid for it), but I can take a day off training when I feel like taking one.

Got my Forerunner 610 today. First reaction... WTF?

1- Can't use it while charging???

2- The charging cable doesn't let data through and need that tiny ANT+ gizmo I'll have to make sure I don't lose... I knew about the ANT+ gizmo, and I liked the idea until I realized it is mandatory!

I'm not sure I like this. People bitch about Timex, but there definitely are pluses to them.

Little Blue

Hey, all!  Bleh day for me today.  Tired, grumpy.  Didn't run, probably won't run tomorrow.  Massage/chiro visit later in the week, will probably wait to see what he says about my back.  Not much point in going out if it's just going to be slow and uncomfortable.  I was hoping to run a good 5K on the 18th, but I think that plan is probably toast.

Phooey.

outoftheblue

Here is how it works for me.

Training=ESU

Not training=ESU and get fat

This is me right now.  I need to NESU.

We just had a big thunderstorm and hail swing by, with more to come perhaps.  And a little rain, although not enough.  I'll probably do something easy on the elliptical and some sit-up.

D -- I hope you can work at home for how ever many days you have left until you fly to Paris.  You need to protect those lungs!

Life is good.