Beginners and Beyond

Wake up WednesDAILIES! (Read 47 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, so cute.

Damaris

Cyberic

Cyberic, Thanks for your help!  I have a couple new things to try over the next few weeks to make sure I'm good before winter starts.  And the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to do this both ways since I am trying to increase my base mileage anyway.

How did you quote me from the other post into this one?  That's a neat trick.

Went in yesterday's dailes thread, and pressed "Quote" on your message. Copied the entire content of the quoted message, but did not post it. Just pressed "My topics" again to cancel my answer.

Then added a new message in today's dailies and pasted what I had copied.

If I'm not clear, some other veteran can maybe explain better than I can.

That's scary ROS. I get freaked out seeing deer eyes looking at me in the early morning. A growl? I'd be taking another #2 for sure.

Hahahaha!  JayB, you caught me off guard with that one, lost some coffee...

6 easy for me this morning.  Yoda, aka OFR, told me to slow my roll (I had thought perhaps a speed day today would be super fun, he said, "NO, NO, NO," this week is for recovery), so I kept it chill.  Except the last mile, there was a gal in front of me, and it's like my mind takes over and I just have to pass her.  I would have eventually at easy pace, but a person in front of me is like a damn carrot and I start speeding up.

Anyone have any personal anecdotes on post race weight gain?  I was horrified by my poor choices last week, so since Sunday I've been eating pretty clean and keeping the calories to a normal non-training level, but I'm up a few pounds.  Is this a thing?  I read all over the interwebs that it's a post marathon thing, but I only did a 1/2, so I'm not sure if those recovery theories have any relevance.  ISO your personal experiences if you're willing to share.

DavePNW

I think my taper for CIM was pretty perfect - at least I felt very good in the first 10 miles and 7:15's never felt so easy. And I hate long runs as much as anybody!  The thought of having no more than 16 is awesome but it puts a little doubt in my head (unfounded probably) but if this week is 16 easy, next week 16 FF, and then the following weekend will be 12 with 2x4 at MP (another Addie standard a week out).  So I am feeling like I should just tack on a mile or two onto this weekend's LR so my last long run wasn't 4 weeks before the race.  ??

You had a lot more MLR's than me and my longest mid-week runs were only 12-13

Who's OCD now?? 

Looks like in 5 straight weeks, 4 of them had a 14 mile MLR. (Schedule called for 12-14 but I made them all 14. No 15s though!) And in two of those weeks, it was Wed 14 MLR, Fri 13-14 w/tempo intervals, Sun 16 w/MP. No true LR, so how hard could it be, right?? I'd probably rather do a 14 on a weekday morning than a 20 on a Sunday anyway. Mama always said, stupid is as stupid does.

Dave

KCRuns

A few days after a marathon and you have the right to wimp out - as many times as you want for at least 3 weeks.

YES, I love it!

Went in yesterday's dailes thread, and pressed "Quote" on your message. Copied the entire content of the quoted message, but did not post it. Just pressed "My topics" again to cancel my answer.

Then added a new message in today's dailies and pasted what I had copied.

If I'm not clear, some other veteran can maybe explain better than I can.

Look!  I'm learning new tricks!

LM, I was up a few pounds Mon & Tues, but that seems to be gone now.  I think it's just residual effects of all the salt intake before and during the race.  Once I get back to normal hydration, it levels out.  Just my experience.

LRB

Anyone have any personal anecdotes on post race weight gain?  I was horrified by my poor choices last week, so since Sunday I've been eating pretty clean and keeping the calories to a normal non-training level, but I'm up a few pounds.  Is this a thing?  I read all over the interwebs that it's a post marathon thing, but I only did a 1/2, so I'm not sure if those recovery theories have any relevance.  ISO your personal experiences if you're willing to share.

Yes.

For me, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. So as long as I am within 5 lbs or so of my ideal racing weight, I try not to fret. I said try!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I gained 5lbs from Sunday so yes. And I really have not eaten much. All water weight.

Damaris

DavePNW

I gained 5lbs from Sunday so yes. And I really have not eaten much. All water weight.

You always have an excuse since you are always post-marathon. And you are always pre-marathon.

Dave

onemile

I ran 10

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You always have an excuse since you are always post-marathon. And you are always pre-marathon.

You mean to eat?  After dropping 14lbs I wasn’t enthused about the 5lbs.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 done.

Damaris

Thanks peeps.  I'm in the "try" not to fret, but ATST, I do my best not to let things get out of hand...  I like running a lot, but I won't lie.  My love of food has a lot to do with the number of miles I run!

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles, last part in the rain.

oldfartrunner

Got the easy 6 in, and had to go get a new car battery. It wasn't dead, but has 5+ years on it, so better safe than sorry.

Jay: Lol, about the #2!

LM: NO, NO, NO!  Passing carrots is allowed though. ...I never worry about after race gain,  but get pretty anal about getting down to racing weight before.  But I guess will have to since I have a Half 29th too.

Dave & Onemile: You are going to do great!  You are both well prepared it sounds like.

KC: Take it easy! ...Probably no RR unless I break 40, and don't think it will happen this cycle-unless I borrow Jays legs.  I'll be really happy with a 40:30 though!  When you get old like me, table scraps taste pretty good.

LRB: Way to get it in.

Cyberic

I think my taper for CIM was pretty perfect - at least I felt very good in the first 10 miles and 7:15's never felt so easy. And I hate long runs as much as anybody!  The thought of having no more than 16 is awesome but it puts a little doubt in my head (unfounded probably) but if this week is 16 easy, next week 16 FF, and then the following weekend will be 12 with 2x4 at MP (another Addie standard a week out).  So I am feeling like I should just tack on a mile or two onto this weekend's LR so my last long run wasn't 4 weeks before the race.  ??

You had a lot more MLR's than me and my longest mid-week runs were only 12-13

Who's OCD now?? 

Looks like in 5 straight weeks, 4 of them had a 14 mile MLR. (Schedule called for 12-14 but I made them all 14. No 15s though!) And in two of those weeks, it was Wed 14 MLR, Fri 13-14 w/tempo intervals, Sun 16 w/MP. No true LR, so how hard could it be, right?? I'd probably rather do a 14 on a weekday morning than a 20 on a Sunday anyway. Mama always said, stupid is as stupid does.

Wow, you guys are really talking serious stuff here. You are both well prepared: good weekly mileage, speed work, tempos, LRs... Not much more you can do IMO. Stress will eat you alive. Just relax and follow the schedule.

See how cool I am about this training stuff now? Zen attitude power!