Beginners and Beyond

Its a Pickled Friday Teddy Bear Guacamole Penguin Day (Read 19 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Exercise is done against one's wishes and maintained only because the alternative is worse."

--GEORGE SHEEHAN

PADRunner

Too many to choose from today.

Today is National American Teddy Bear Day!

Today is National Pickle Day!

Today is National Spicy Guacamole Day!

Warmup and 4 x 1500 if/when it warms up.

on my way to badass

Good morning PAD and Penguins! I'm on rest days for the forseeable future. 2 days off has done me a world of good. Time to break out the tights!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning PAD, SF and Pens.

Frosty 5 for us later this morning.  Anniversary day for us, no plans except going out for dinner.  Hold the pickles.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  Woke up with a slight headache. 6  and weights tonight.

Damaris

tracilynn

Hi pengs

happy anniversary Jerry! Maybe Santa will leave a jog strap in your Christmas stocking this year.

stone, sounds like you found your mojo!

pad, enjoy your intervals later.

damaris, waking up with a headache is the worst. I hate that!

I was up most of the night with a barfing kid. No run this morning and not sure I will get to run tonight either. A rest day for me, I guess.

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi pengs

happy anniversary Jerry! Maybe Santa will leave a jog strap in your Christmas stocking this year.

stone, sounds like you found your mojo!

pad, enjoy your intervals later.

damaris, waking up with a headache is the worst. I hate that!

I was up most of the night with a barfing kid. No run this morning and not sure I will get to run tonight either. A rest day for me, I guess.

It could be it's own Christmas stocking..    Saw that on Jimmy Fallon last night.  Couldn't stop laughing.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I'm SOOOO glad to be going home at a normal hour tonight!!  I think I'll bounce for a bit on my little trampoline, then hang out with DH for the rest of the evening.  And it's FRIDAY, WOO-HOO!!!!

PAD -- I love guacamole, but not spice.  I am a total and complete spice wuss.

Stone -- woo-hoo for rest!!

Jerryb -- have a good Frosty Friday Five!!

Docket -- sorry about your head!  Hope it goes away (the ache, not the head) and you have a good six and weights!!

traci -- Oh, so sorry about the barfing kid!!  Hope everything settles down!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

They need an over the shoulder bottle holder for women, I think!

D- Hope the bookcase removal does the trick.

Traci- Yikes, hope everyone is healthy out there soon!

I will probably run 8 tonight.

Singer who runs a smidge

They need an over the shoulder bottle holder for women, I think!

Buy a bigger bra?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me.  Will be picking up my packet after work for my 5K tomorrow morning.

Went to the football game last night, so am kind of dragging today at work.  My university team is doing terrible this year -   a record now of 3-7 and we're down to our 3rd string quarterback, the first 2 being injured early in the year - but we managed to eke out a win, but it was a SLOW darn game and pretty boring, no real offense.  We only had 4 field goals and won the game in the last 5 seconds with a field goal, final score, 12 - 10.  Sheesh.  The funny part was the party before the game.  The temp here yesterday dropped like a lead balloon going down.  So at the tailgate party it was around 39 degrees.  We were under some shelter and had some heaters in the pavilion but could still fee the cold somewhat.  So there we are in our hats and gloves and holding drinking our cold beers with our gloved hands, lol.   This game was also "Military Appreciation Day", to there was a really nice ceremony recognizing all active duty and retired folks - of which I was one, being retired Air Force - and a really nice half-time show where a Wounded Warrior Veteran was presented a key to his brand-new house -  donated to him and his family by a local credit union, so no mortgage payments - that will accommodate his disabilities received in Afghanistan - and he was thanked for his service with a standing ovation and I don't think there was a dry eye in the stadium when that was going on - and then there was a very nice presentation by the university band while a giant American flag was unfolded across the whole football field byt the university ROTC folks, pretty cool. Half-time was the most un-boring part of the whole game.  After the game I saw more people shaking the hands of the band members and the ROTC folks than the players, pretty funny and, at the same time, also sad.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hiya Pens.

Jerry: Have fun tonight and have an 805 for me. Happy anniversary.

Katniss: did you have any luck?

PAD: It might be time to invest in a treadmill!

D: I hope you are feeling better with the asthma... bleh.

Traci: Dang, your kids are having some bad luck with being sick.

Zel: Good job on the miles. I knew you would be back.

Hi everyone else.

DD2 has a rare Friday night swim meet (which continues tomorrow) so in between her events I am going to do a "Daniels" type workout on the track at the high school where the swim meet is. She has something like 80 minutes between two events so that will give me enough time to run. I will probably do something like a 20-25 minute threshold run with a warm up and cool down for 6-7 miles total. I might do a 5k next week and I have no idea what my pace should/could be at this point.

Ciao.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all!  I've got a blustery/cold 10 mile run coming my way.  I was going to do some bridge running today for hill work during the run, but I think I'd get pushed around too much.

Jack - what events does DD swim?  I swam in high school - primarily butterfly, distance free, and sometimes a bit of IM.  I think my mom came to one of my swim meets in all of my years of swimming (maybe 2).  It is nice that you are so supportive of her.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

PAD: It might be time to invest in a treadmill!

As a matter of fact I emailed  someone on Craigslist about one this morning!

Got my run done. Wind was not as bad as yesterday.

on my way to badass

No luck on the hunting front, except I manage to do it (that's the really lucky part). Its kind of like running, I get to do this, not everyone gets to sit in a tree and observe nature and occasionally outsmart a deer's superior sense of smell. My goodness, that is a really long run-on sentence!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28