Boston Marathon 2009

Geek out (Read 693 times)

I got this spreadsheet last year from the Boston forum at RW. It's a lot (too much) of fun if you like to geek out on data. Someone had some major time on their hands when they created this. Tongue http://www.box.net/shared/75o3rqgty9 and now that I've linked it, I can't seem to get it to work on my new computer. DRAT! No

Jennifer mm#1231

Thanks for posting. Wow. I what do you think the creator's day to day running log looks like? Every bit of information helps! It gave me some insight as to how the corrals work. Thanks,
      Goals: Marathon: break 3:40 Half marathon: break 1:42 10K: break 45:00 8 K: break 37:30
        Thanks for posting. Wow. I what do you think the creator's day to day running log looks like? Every bit of information helps! It gave me some insight as to how the corrals work. Thanks,
        haha! I met him last year at the Boston FE. He's a geek, but a very serious runner! Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

I read this awhile ago but I'm just now getting around to saying thanks. I love it
            oh cool, I'm glad y'all like it! I finally got it to work on our other computer, I guess we needed to install Excel. Now I'm in geek heaven! the guy who created this is a 40 something sub 3hr marathoner.

Jennifer mm#1231

Lifesabeach: Thanks again! I found it interesting but abstract when I read it several weeks ago. Now I'm finding it facinating.
              Goals: Marathon: break 3:40 Half marathon: break 1:42 10K: break 45:00 8 K: break 37:30
                I found it interesting but abstract when I read it several weeks ago. Now I'm finding it facinating.
                Geek. Clowning around

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Yeah, but and exicted Geek. I"M RUNNING BOSTON IN 4 MORE SLEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  evanflein

I used this last year for my first Boston and it was great. Really helped.
                    missy1102

I"M RUNNING BOSTON IN 4 MORE SLEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      hey, me tooo!!!!!!!! Big grin
                        Yeah, but and exicted Geek.
                        Hard not to be. I bet the Python (or Pythons) that came up with the running scene from the Holy Grail was a marathoner. It just doesn't seem to get any closer, then WHAM it's here.

E.J.
                        Greater Lowell Road Runners
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

btb1490

Hard not to be. I bet the Python (or Pythons) that came up with the running scene from the Holy Grail was a marathoner. It just doesn't seem to get any closer, then WHAM it's here.
                          Very appropriate, BadDawg. I could do without the bloodshed on race day however, but you never know how it's gonna go.
                          btb1490

I used this last year for my first Boston and it was great. Really helped.
                            It must work, because you had a great race last year. I have mine all printed out, weather proofed, packed and ready to go for this year.
                              I've got to do that before I leave work by tomorrow... Which of the three do you guys use, I'm using the "too much information" split bracelet I think...
                              btb1490

I've got to do that before I leave work by tomorrow... Which of the three do you guys use, I'm using the "too much information" split bracelet I think...
                                In the middle of a marathon, there is just too much information on the TMI version to easily spot and make sense of. I prefer the one that only has 5k splits for its simplicity. On courses that are relatively flat or consistent, that's the type of pace band I use. But for Boston, with its hills, your mile by mile pace will vary quite a bit, so that's why I'm going with the one that has your cumulative time for each mile.