Boston Marathon 2009

BOSTON 2009 Registration is now closed..... (Read 390 times)

I hope everyone signed up when they had the chance...
    joescott

That seems really quick. I don't remember it ever closing so soon in years past, but maybe I haven't been paying enough attention!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

That seems really quick. I don't remember it ever closing so soon in years past, but maybe I haven't been paying enough attention!
        I don't recall it closing out before Last Chance for Boston which is being held on February 15th this year. This warning was posted on baa.org ten days before closing: 1/9/2009 2009 Boston Marathon Entries On Record Pace: 20% Ahead of Schedule Boston, Mass. – The Boston Athletic Association (B.A.A.) announced today that entries for the 113th Boston Marathon, to be held on Monday, April 20, 2009, are pacing 20% ahead of the same time last year. As of January 9, 2008, there were 14,333 participants registered for the 2008 Boston Marathon. The number of entrants currently registered for the 2009 Boston Marathon is 17,772. The B.A.A. did not increase the entry fee for the 2009 Boston Marathon, and the field size limit remains at 25,000 entrants for the second consecutive year. With the 2008 Boston Marathon having reached its maximum by February, qualified runners looking to participate in the 2009 race are encouraged to submit their registration quickly to avoid being shut out of the competition.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.