Boston Marathon 2009

So who's going or planning on going? (Read 709 times)

Public transportation is good, even to the suburbs. Renting a car is brave. (I lived in Mass. from 68-01 and go back every year.) I have gotten Sox tickets on StubHub, if you get the "sold out" message from the club.
    Masters 2000 miles
    missy1102

ME, ME, ME!!!!!!!!! just qualified yesterday at RnR AZ with a 3:39:15 Big grinBig grinBig grin
        Congrats, Missy! Give yourself at least a little rest before gearing up again!
        Goals: Marathon: break 3:40 Half marathon: break 1:42 10K: break 45:00 8 K: break 37:30
          missy I hope you signed up already..... Registration is closed...
            missy I hope you signed up already..... Registration is closed...
            I had the exact same thought when I saw your other topic. Fingers crossed for you Missy!

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

missy1102

i signed up online sunday night after i got home but i'm still awaiting confirmation/verificatin of my time. i received an email stating that my registration was received but that my acceptance is pending verification of my time. do you think i'm safe?!????? i just might cry if i don't get to run it this year Sad
                I think as long as you were able to submit online you should be OK. If you go to the registration link now, you can't submit your info at all, you just get this page: I just checked my emails from BAA, and I submitted my application on October 29th and received a confirmation of acceptance email on November 12th. On January 9th they posted a message on the website that applications were on a record pace, so they might have a bit of a backlog to clear up. Waiting for it to be official is going to be tough, hang in there Missy we've all got our fingers crossed for you.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

missy1102

thanks. i'm freaking out a little bit here but i realize there is nothing i can do now but wait and see. i'll be sure to return with updates (hopefully good ones!) when i get them!
                  btb1490

thanks. i'm freaking out a little bit here but i realize there is nothing i can do now but wait and see. i'll be sure to return with updates (hopefully good ones!) when i get them!
                    As BadDawg said, as long as you were able to submit your application, you should be fine. See you in Boston!
                      i signed up online sunday night after i got home but i'm still awaiting confirmation/verificatin of my time. i received an email stating that my registration was received but that my acceptance is pending verification of my time. do you think i'm safe?!????? i just might cry if i don't get to run it this year Sad
                      Missy, I signed up last Thursday on-line (thank goodness) and received the same e-mail you spoke of they are waiting verification etc. However, I checked on the "entrants" list of the BAA website and I'm listed there so I'm pretty sure I'm in...give that a look and see if your name is on the entrants list there. Good Luck
                        Hey Bob, I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that you are running the Boston Prep this Sunday. I should be the only guy with long hair wearing a Lowell RoadRunners shirt (unless the weather really sucks), If you are coming down from Maine to Derry be sure to say hello.

E.J.