Boston Marathon 2009

26.2 mile training run? (Read 430 times)

Hey everyone. Just wanted to invite you all for a great training run AKA the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach. It is March 22nd (four weeks out) a perfect time for a long run. I will be leading the 3:30 pace group so any company is welcome. It is a great event with a nice expo on a flat course so it doesn't take too much out of you. Good time to get out and get into the race feel but run at a slightly slower pace than your Boston expectations. Also there is free Yuengling and all the Irish beef stew you can eat at the finish. Who's in?Big grin
    2010 Goals
    Succesful pacing jobs at Shamrock (3:20)...
    VTU 100 Ultramarathon - finish
    at least 250 miles/mo., 3000+ miles for the year
      If I ever get around to finishing my New England marathon circuit, I've got Shamrock on my radar. Sounds like fun, hope you get a great day for it.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Well, tomorrow is the big day (Sunday 3/22), I got moved up to lead the 3:20 pace group, It's going to be lots of fun. If any of you have some energy to spare send it telepathically in the direction of Virginia Beach as I am sure that my charges and I could use it. Hopefully we will get a whole batch of new runners qualified for next years Boston. Every woman and every man over 40 who runs with me will punch their ticket to Boston, I am sure they will be happy to know that a whole bunch of Boston runners are pulling for them. Might be just what they need to gut it out over the last few miles. Wink
        2010 Goals
        Succesful pacing jobs at Shamrock (3:20)...
        VTU 100 Ultramarathon - finish
        at least 250 miles/mo., 3000+ miles for the year
          If any of you have some energy to spare send it telepathically in the direction of Virginia Beach as I am sure that my charges and I could use it... I am sure they will be happy to know that a whole bunch of Boston runners are pulling for them.
          It's a cutback week for me, just a 5K in Cambridge tomorrow. I'll be sending positive thoughts and spare energy for you and your ambitious crew. Have a great run Danny!

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

have a great time tomorrow!

Jennifer mm#1231

btb1490

Well done, Dan! 630 CARUSO DAN WAPWALLOPEN PA MEN -- 35 THROUGH 39 37 M 3:20:14 3:20:26 196 176 43 62.6%
                Well done, Dan! 630 CARUSO DAN WAPWALLOPEN PA MEN -- 35 THROUGH 39 37 M 3:20:14 3:20:26 196 176 43 62.6%
                And he gets rave reviews for his pacing. Doesn't get any better than that, spot on DannyC!

E.J.