Boston Marathon 2009

Post race showers (Read 396 times)

Even with a late checkout from the hotel I won't finish and get back to the hotel in time to take a shower. Are there any shower facilities available to runners?

Dan

Are you planning to check your bags with the bellstaff and pick them up after the race? If the hotel has a fitness facility with shower, you could ask to use it even though you have checked out.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

BadDawg, you are a genius! They have a fitness facility with a shower and said that it wouldn't be a problem. That could have been a long smelly drive back to Indiana. Thanks.

Dan

BadDawg, you are a genius!
          Far from it, but I worked in hotels for longer than I care to admit. It's the kind of request that good hotels live for, it's a nice underhand pitch that they can knock out of the park. Glad you've got yourself a good hotel. Smile

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.