Boston Marathon 2010

February dailies (Read 364 times)

Kimmie

That sounds great Sara.  I applaud you for being smart and coming back slowly.

I have a scheduled rest day but I really don't want to rest.  I don't have to work until later, so I really want to get out there.

Knee felt a little weird on Saturday but much better today.  Yesterday was 5 miles of recovery and I was still sore from the hilly long run.  I started out SUPER SLOW.... like if someone was walking, they would have passed me. Smile   But, I love how 10 minutes into it, everything loosens up and I am able to run.  Wink

Have a good Monday all!

Yeah, I guess I was still looking at the 2009 Group. I plan on running a bunch of races in the upcoming weeks, but no Kings Park 15k Smile

I'm running the Caumsett 25k this Sunday. Then probably the Huntington 4-miler on the 20th. I'll run the Suffolk Half on the 28th (as part of 21 miles), and then probably the Scotland Run 10k in Central Park on April 3rd. These will be my first races since Chicago.

My training is going  very well. I ran a lot of miles from mid-Dec to mid-Feb. Had a couple of down weeks due to vacation, but am hoping to ramp in back up for the next 4-5 weeks before Boston.

I would like to go sub 2:50 in Boston, but we'll see... A PR would be nice, especially sub 2:55

Hey, I was wondering when you would pop in here!  I'm doing the usual.  Creature of habit.  Signed up for King's Park 15k, which you really need to do yourself one of these days!   And will probably do the Suffolk County Half as well. 

Yourself?  Training going well?  Sub 2:50 this year?

btb1490

Ennay - how is your back, and how did your run go?

Kimmie - nice long run, and recovery runs are supposed to be just the way you described them.  No such thing as too slow.

BostonRnr - I'm glad you had a good half!  You dodged a bullet with the weather.

Sara - Woohoo!  The run/walk stuff has gotten me through many injuried.  Think long term and be patient.  And walking really does a better job of keeping you in shape than many people realize.

Missy - you aren't missing a beat, are you?  Running for two, plus having to deal with iffy weather, and you just keep cranking along!  Very inspirational!   I've got a couple of races coming up, but both are here out on the island.  One is a hilly 15k, perfect for Boston hill simulation, and the other is a half marathon, timed just right for a final tune up for Boston.  How about you?  Any races between now and April?

George - fingers are crossed that your recovery continues.  Be smart!

dcv -  the Caumsett 25k was tempting me, but I opted for King's Park instead, for the hills.  Good luck, it should be a fun race!   I'm glad your training is going well. See you at the Suffolk County Half!

The week started off a bit shaky, I was dragging a lot, but felt better as the week went on and capped it off with a decent 19 miler on Sunday.

Here are some photos from our snowy weekend!