Boston Marathon 2010

Kiddos (Read 156 times)

Kimmie

Anyone else bringing their kids with them to Boston?

Mine are 9 and 6.  I want them to have fun but I don't want to wear myself out too much before Mon.

We're coming in Saturday night and staying until Tuesday afternoon.  That doesn't leave much time, but maybe Sunday morning and possibly Tuesday morning to do something.

Also, does anyone have suggestions on where to eat Sunday night?

You'll get lots of suggestions. See if you can score tix for a duck tour. The kids will love that. Get tickets asap - the weekend can sell out, especially over Patriot's day weekend. And keep in mind that it is school vacation week so it'll be busy with kids that whole week. Another thing would be a swan boat ride in the Public Garden.

The Childrens Museum is too young for a 6 and 9 year old IMHO  - they'd be happier at the Museum of Science (my 10 and 8 year old do). 

Dinner can be tough Sunday night. I'd suggest the North End for Italian but EVERYONE will go there. What kind of restaurant are you looking for? Early, cheap dinner with the kids or something a little more upscale?

KMB

+1 Ducks.

also Top of Prudential is cool - maybe more for parents than kids.

my kids enjoy the heck out of just riding the T

I brought my son(5 1/2) back in '08 and my son (6 1/2) and daughter  (4) in '09. In '08 the weather was awesome for touristy stuff, last year not so much.

We did a Red Sox game (Sunday), duck tour, Science Museum, Quincy Market in '08. Last year, we did the Big Apple Circus (kids didn't like it), Pasta Dinner, Science Museum. Some of Quincy Market.

I really want to do the Freedom Trail this year (after the race, I guess if Tuesday is nice).

The key is not to do too much walking around. You'll kill your legs for Monday. Just relax and enjoy the time with your family. That's the best part...

I'm not bringing the kiddo's but me and my friend Cheryl will be doing the duck tour on Sunday Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson