Chapel Hill High School

Other Than Taylor and I, Who Is Using This Site? (Read 172 times)

TGKN

Is everyone actually posting their runs? Actually, I know that the answer is no, but this could actually be a useful tool if one uses it regularly. Not only does it help record the straight mileage (my policy is to enter the time taken for the run then to adjust the mileage to get a pace that I feel I was running (usually ~7:30, which is probably slow for me and definitely slow for y'all, although you would probably benefit more from having more 7:30 miles and fewer miles in the low 6s; contact me on facebook or whatever if you want the physiological explanation, but the idea is basically that it's a lot better to have some really fast miles (i.e. workouts and tempos) and then have most of the rest of your miles at a slow, almost recovery pace; some Kenyan elites do morning shakeout runs at 10:00/mile, just FYI)), but if you use the comments box at the bottom it can help you gage your body. It can help you see an injury coming or tell if you are burning out some, so you know to back off. Your shin hurts? Write it down. Your shin hurts again 3 days later? Write it down. When you have a record like that, it's easy not only to diagnose when something started, but also to avert future problems by switching to a softer, more even surface (the field is better than the bench) or taking a day off. Mileage is not the be all end all if it just injures you. Anyways, that's my spiel, from a guy who has been injured more often than any of y'all. You think you're invincible until it's too late. Don't make that mistake. -Otis
    jhoerger

i love this site, and i use it, ive just been in mexico w/o having a computer to use regularly. thanks for your support
      TGKN

i love this site, and i use it, ive just been in mexico w/o having a computer to use regularly. thanks for your support
        Are you doing that Krispy Kreme thing (that was it, right?)? How's it going?
        linedriver465

i am also using it too. i was using for a while, then i stopped because i had to work a lot and time got away from me. now that i am running with the team, i am sure to log my runs. thnx for the find guys.
          jhoerger

ended up working at bojangels, but it was awesome. i got to wear the chicken suit, watch the tour de france, and had a lot of fun.
            TGKN

Haha, the chicken suit. Sounds like it went well.