Charlotte, NC area runners

Progress reports: Aug 3 - 9 (Read 235 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Hope you guys have had a great week. I just finished my long run of the week (4.71 miles in 49 minutes) and logged just around 16 miles this week. I'm doing the One Hour Runner program and I've got 2 weeks left.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Nice progress! Smile I had a wedding to attend this weekend, and I did get in an easy 4 mile run on Saturday, but today I'm taking off. (that's TWO days last week Smile) So, this past week was definitely a nice easy recovery week. Next week will likely be easy in the sense I won't do a long run, as I will be traveling to Colorado on a short vacation. After that it's time to buckle down for the Kiawah marathon in December. Lots of 70 and 80 mile weeks with a recovery week every 3rd week or so. I've had a pretty easy 5 weeks, and I'm ready to get to the grind. Time to drop ~10 pounds, log about 1K miles before the race, and see if I can hit my goal time.
        Quick update....66 or so miles last week. Managed 18.5 on Sunday. 7 easy recovery run yesterday with no soreness. I hope that's a sign my fitness is coming back.