Charlotte, NC area runners

Trail Run tomorrow (Read 165 times)

Ashley, and anybody else interested of course!  My running group has an un-organized trail run set for tomorrow at the Whitewater Center at 11:45 am.  If the trails are open.  Approximately a 10k distance.  Should be good prep for the race on the 23rd. 

My legs are fried after the last two weeks, but I'm gonna give the trail run a shot.  I really enjoyed the last trail run I did. 

Sorry for the short notice.

Hope everybody has been running well!

L

under a rock

I didn't see this post soon enough but I'm sure the WWC was probably closed anyway. Seems it's never open lately. My friend Kay was supposed to do a run there with a group today but according to her FB they found an alternate location. I went to Crowder's Mt this morning for my run.

What distance are you doing for the race there on the 23rd? I'm going to do the 8.2 and if we can get a sitter that early in the morning my dh might do the 3.8.

Yeah, this was the same run.  Kay was there.  With a last minute change, we ended up running the McDowell Nature preserve at Lake Wylie.  Those trails stay open wet or not it appears but it was a little muddy and slippery in places.   But not too bad.  Even for a newbiie trail runner like me.  I heard some of the experienced trail runners say this was tougher (hills) than Whitewater.  I will run these trails again and enjoyed it.  It's amazing that a run can be harder but easier on the legs!  I'm hooked on the trails. 

I am going to do the 3.8 I think, but was thinking of the 8.2.   I was slow as Christmas so the 3.8 might be better. 

under a rock

Yeah, this was the same run.  Kay was there.  With a last minute change, we ended up running the McDowell Nature preserve at Lake Wylie.  Those trails stay open wet or not it appears but it was a little muddy and slippery in places.   But not too bad.  Even for a newbiie trail runner like me.  I heard some of the experienced trail runners say this was tougher (hills) than Whitewater.  I will run these trails again and enjoyed it.  It's amazing that a run can be harder but easier on the legs!  I'm hooked on the trails. 

I am going to do the 3.8 I think, but was thinking of the 8.2.   I was slow as Christmas so the 3.8 might be better. 

I've been tempted to check out McDowell but haven't done it because I hadn't heard any reviews on it. Glad to hear it is runnable. After getting used to King's Mt and Crowder's Mt the WWC seems much easier than it did when I first hit the trails. In general I think mountain bike trails are a bit easier than hiking trails because they tend to be a  worn path, hiking trails have lots more roots and loose rocks. Running trails always feels harder when you are in the process but when it's over your body just doesn't feel it like you do roads. Glad to hear you're hooked!