Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 10/4 (Good buddy) (Read 198 times)

old-runner

I ran the Bethel Half Marathon this morning...

http://old-runner.com/2010/10/10/race-105-bethel-half-marathon-waynesville-nc-100810/

It was chilly up in the mountains... about 42 degrees at race time. 

Shashi, I ran the LungStrong 15k last year (I remember Lynwood ran it too) but this year I'm doing a 5k on Saturday then I hope to limp my way through one final 20-miler on Sunday. 

Nice blog and race Richard.  I know it's off your best time, but good still.

Did anybody watch the Chicago Marathon coverage?  Amazing finish for the men.  I think they said the guys dropped to a 4:40 for mile 20!!!  Inhuman, I think.  Shobukhova walked away with the women's race, but they didn't cover it nearly enough.  Joan Benoit Samuelson ran 2:47:50, just missing qualifying for the Olympic Trials. 

old-runner

Nice blog and race Richard.  I know it's off your best time, but good still.

Did anybody watch the Chicago Marathon coverage?  Amazing finish for the men.  I think they said the guys dropped to a 4:40 for mile 20!!!  Inhuman, I think.  Shobukhova walked away with the women's race, but they didn't cover it nearly enough.  Joan Benoit Samuelson ran 2:47:50, just missing qualifying for the Olympic Trials. 

Thanks Lynwood... I don't feel too bad about my time. I think all of this marathon training has got me a little out of whack on my regular running and I'll be glad when it's over. 

I watched the Chicago Marathon coverage online this morning... it was great! Sammy Wanjiru (if I spelled that right) was a man on a mission in that last mile.