Marathon Trainers

Week of 7/6 (Read 284 times)

Cashmason

http://www.truthaboutquickness.com/home/members-area.php

Kimmie,

Here are some 10 minute videos about getting quicker.  Especially about basketball.

Ignore the huge hype for them selling their program.

There are couple of good tips for getting quicker, especially in video 2.

theyapper

On the road again...

Finally able to run in the cooler morning weather and it felt great.  A nice 3.1 miles.

It's Friday!  (as if we didn't all know it already)

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

3.1 miles, 28:17, 9:00/mi, AHR 138 (71% MHR)

We're packing the car.  Later!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Hey Cash-

thanks for the link... I will take a look at it.  You're always so helpful.  Smile

evanflein

9 miles of hills last night, kept the pace slower and didn't have to stop or walk at all. That felt good.

3.6 mile recovery run today at lunch, 9:12 avg pace. That's huge for me to be able to hold a run there for so long. Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Hi Cash! Always nice to have you stop by.

Have fun this weekend, Lou and PDR! We'll miss you around here.

Who's racing this weekend? Jeremy? Perry?

What the heck happened to Murphy??

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I raced (weekly mile) last night, then worked all night, then slept this morning -- so my sleep schedule is good and screwed up just in time for the weekend. We plan to join a group run at 0600 on Sat, when Crystal wants to get her 15mi long run in. Then I plan to volunteer for Rosaryville trail run early Sun morning. So I plan to do a lot of afternoon napping & sleeping this weekend...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Happy Camper

Made the drive down and registered for the Tri this afternoon.  Setup starts at 7:00 and the swim portion starts at 8:00 am.  Pool is 40 yards long, run looks like it will be mostly flat park path.  The bike will involve hills.  They didn't have a course map so it will interesting to see how the bike portion goes.  Cassville is in a valley and you can't really leave without involving a hill. Hope I can finish in around  1 hour and 30 minutes.  Swim should take 8 - 9 minutes, bike around 50 - 55 minutes and the run will depend on how the leg holds up.  It feels good tonight so hopefully it will behave tomorrow.  I read last year only 25 people entered so it could be a lonely event.  Should be a blast.  Tomorrow afternoon will involve cooking 10 pounds of beef ribs. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Kimmie

Good luck Bryan !!!  let us know how it goes.

Torn about taking the day off today... I  have 16 planned for tomorrow and my left lower shin really hurts.  Ugh!!  I hope it's nothing major.   going to ice it today.

Tomorrow, I'll see if my RP would be willing to run on the dirt trail instead of the paved trail.  That may help.  The only thing I've done differently lately is more activity with the girls during the day... don't know how that could be it.

This makes me grouchy.  Sad

Happy Camper

Hope the shin pain gets better Kimmie.  Knock on wood but that's one part of the leg that's not troubled me in years.  We had a 45 minute weather delay this morning.  I was the 4th heat to swim the pool.  Didn't think I'd ever get started.  Total time was 1:39:08.  Survived the swim and learned not to go all out at the start.  Can't swim faster than you can breathe.  Did okay on the bike.  Couldn't pick it up on the run.  I will have to wait for splits.  Hopefully they kept them.  Forerunner 305 doesn't work in the pool.  I thought I had it on multi-sport but it measured the bike and run as all run.  I had the bike portion measured way longer than 15-miles.  It was tough going with the 9:30 start the sun was out and beating down for the run when I got to it.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Dave

Great job on the tri Pace.

Tough schedule there, Perry.  Getting turned upside down like that can be hell on the body.

Good control on that 3 miler, Erika.  I need to show some better self control myself.

Hope that shin is nothing serious, Kim.  Rest is probably a good thing.

Took the day off yesterday.  Trying to get out to run today but it may be tough between getting the last of our stuff (finally) from the shippers and lawn mowing.  Maybe I can jog and log it.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I've never dared to swim with a 305. I may eventually buy a timex ironman to have lap splits in a pool.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hail to The Victors!

I wanted to get my long run in today (14), but we had plans this afternoon, and we had a nice line of storms go through right when my run would be, so I ended up with 6 instead.  Tomorrow is the Gallup Gallop 5K, the last race for a couple of weeks.  Hoping for sub 19:30, but not holding my breath.

Cashmason

I've never dared to swim with a 305. I may eventually buy a timex ironman to have lap splits in a pool.

Or you can buy the Garmin 310 which you can swim with and has a longer battery life.  No clue on the cost.
                            Kimmie

shin pain nonexistent today.... yay!!!

just got back from a 16 miler in 2:26... 9:10 pace... felt harder than that at times... but so glad to get it done.   was a little hot and humid today.

Not really supposed to jump from 10 mile tong run to 16, I know... hopefully I'll be OK.  Ran with someone who's faster than me, hoping he wouldn't mind the slower pace.  I had told him that I thought I could do around 8:45 but of course it was slower than that.  Considering I haven't done more than 10 in the recent past and the heat, I'm happy with this run.

We tried to do a fast finish but picked it up only a little.

all in all a good start to the morning.  

theyapper

On the road again...

Wow, great run, Kim.  Glad the shin is feeling better.

Just got back from Columbia and was able to import my long run from yesterday - 9.25 miles.  Long runs at my in-laws mean that I loop a lake near their house and it's B-O-R-I-N-G!!  The longer the run, the more loops and the more my ADD kicks in.  

7 laps plus the run to and from the lake was about all I cold take.  My wife asked me when I got back how the run was and I said, "Long, slow, hot and done."

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul