Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/19-5/25 (Read 194 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Do you people have some weird aversion to starting the weekly thread?

Dave

Yes. OK, not really an aversion. Just a wait and see attitude Tight lipped Rest day for me today after the HM yesterday. Pretty sore. Chip time was about a minute slower than Garmin. Still a good race. I had one very strange conversation during my race. About mile 9, I passed a guy and girl who were running together. With her right arm, she was holding his left elbow as they ran along together. I assumed that she was sight impaired and he was helping her. I was chatting with my running partner and the guy with her says to me, "I bet you'd like me to tell you about the girl I'm running with?". I said "Sure, I'd love know more.". He says, "We only met 10 days ago and now we're running together.". I asked him, "How did you meet?". He says, "I was in the grocery store and met her in the fish isle, I was the catch of the day." (smiling). I told him, "From the looks of things, maybe you got that backwards." (she smiles). I run off. Not sure if she was blind or not but it sure was a strange interaction. Later at the start of the big hill, one spectator says "Keep it up, the shortest distance between two friends is a smile)". I almost turned around to slug her Tongue Like I said, strange day.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

Dave, we need to work on your social skills. The spectator was flirting with you, and you want to slug her? You may be the only guy I know who thinks with the big head and not the little head. 8 miles today. A tad warm but not overpowering.

Dave

Dave, we need to work on your social skills. The spectator was flirting with you, and you want to slug her? You may be the only guy I know who thinks with the big head and not the little head.
          Not sure I've ever been accused of that before. For the record, at that point in the race, neither head was thinking much of anything Big grin Just trying to get up that stinkin hill.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr I - we just like you to have a sense of purpose??? Tongue dave - you are funny
            evanflein

You may be the only guy I know who thinks with the big head and not the little head.
              Roll eyes Nice race Bugs. Wind sucks. Or maybe it blows...either way, it's not fun to run in!! P2R, good job on the 50 with your sub-12. How are the tootsies today? Looking forward to the RR... Shan, signing up is sometimes half the battle. Good for you! And yes on the hills. They're good for you! I ran 14 on Saturday and 8.5 on Sunday. Morning runs both of 'em. Saturday was here in town, Sunday's was on the Coastal Trail in Anchorage (part of the Humpy's marathon course). Very nice both days... Had a good time in Anchorage, spent too much $$ so I know it was a good trip! Had my podiatrist appt today to find out about that pesky metatarsal tenderness I've had. Bruised joint is the diagnosis. Need new shoes. Might need orthotics. Need to cut back a bit for a couple weeks. Ouch, ok, that one hurts. Oh well. Maybe I'll actually get the house cleaned up and the garden in if I'm not out on the road all the time. I also found out I have a small bunion on my big toe! Funny, never bothers me... Wonder if I can do some speed work on reduced mileage and be ok... Next race is a mile on the track on June 12. Busy soccer week. School is out for the boys, but high school soccer goes all month. Will be nice when it's over and we "just" have two comp team schedules to juggle. Mr I... you're just so good at it. Big grin
              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

So according to ShanHas new threads is all I bring to the table. Ok, I see how it is. Luckily for me, according to Erika I'm really good at it. We all have our specialties I guess. Wink 3 easy tonight. My legs feel quite good considering the 18 miler on Saturday. The week prior when I did 16 miles, I was still hurting come Monday. The quick recovery gives me a bit of hope for Saturday.

Oh Mighty Wing

ugh I'm soo freakin tired!!! For the past 3 days i've been super tired!!! so got 1 mile in. Was all excited about getting a run in and then I got stuck in a meeting at work and by then I needed to get to the grocery store and then I needed a nap. So when we went to the gym I ran 1 mile, walked 1 mile, and road a bike for 3 miles. Let's cross our fingers that tomorrow goes better!

Happy Camper

Report posted in the Race Report thread. 7- miles at recovery pace this morning. Feet are beat. Rest tomorrow unless I feel good in the morning.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Pace - rest is not the worst thing for beat up feet! Well it's official I have hit my Mid-20's!! It's my 25th birthday!!!! Smile

Dave

Happy Birthday, Shan! Oh to be 25 again Smile

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Happy Birthday Shangen! Just did 3 miles last night. Getting pretty jittery about Saturday. Weather continues to look very good for Saturday, just about ideal.
                          evanflein

Happy Birthday, Shan! (Dave... I don't think I'd want to go back there, except maybe to remember how it felt to feel indestructible!) Hope you have a great day! Does that put you in a new age group? (25-29?) Foot is better today... fighting urge to go run "just a short run" cuz I want to see if I can get rid of it for good! Another soccer game tonight (and tomorrow) so the evenings are busy already without trying to fit a run in there.

Oh Mighty Wing

ohh Erica i think it does!! And just take another day off you will be ok!! Mr I - good luck not getting too jittery!

Bugs

Erika, Sorry about the footsie problems. I will try everything else before the orthotics and if you get them, get the soft kind. You seem to bounce back quickly with just a little reduced running, bet you will again. Inertia, Glad to hear that you're feeling good. Last weekend I talked to a guy that didn't run longer than 8 miles before his marathon. Craziness. Think you will be fine, just take it easy on race day. Shan, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. What are you doing to celebrate? 8 easy miles, lots of stops, stretching, hams were tight, cranking on the knees, shins a little tight, colon pist because I ate and drank all the stuff that ticks it off. (How do I live with dairy?) But oh well, a good week to rest. My friend bailed on the Rochester run, so just running to recover this week. Oh and I race on Monday. Can't decide between 10k (could use the miles) or the 2.5 and get a prize. The prizes are really nice. Check Out #367, He's mine!

Bugs