Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/7/2011 (Read 233 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

7.3, with unplanned progression in first half - felt pretty good. So you all ran further than I.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dutchie42

Bad week for running so far. I got my monthly bad headaches... so I take painkillers when I wake up and go back to bed.

Feeling better today though. Only a light headache. I'm taking my car for repairs in half an hour then run from there with a nice long detour home. I'll either do 13 or 15K, I'll report back on that.

ETA

Felt much colder than 7C today. First half of my route was unfamiliar territory. Scenic, pretty, busy. Lots of walkers, bikers and runners there. Once I got to the part I'd ran before, I was on my own.
      Struggled my way thru the first 7 kilometers, then pace increased without trying and it went well for the next 5 kilometers. I then had to change my route slightly and take a grassy path, instead of the road and twisted my ankle ;( Things went downhill from there. Ankle seems OK though.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

I ran 8 last night too, didn't want to feel left out!

It included 5 intervals of 1 mile, with a 3 minute recovery in between, two mile warmup.  Seems I max out at 7:00min/mi, full mile intervals.

Hope those headaches get better!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

gen, when you say 3min recovery, do you mean 3min of rest, or 3min of jogging? Normally recovery = jogging, I think. Not that it matters much -- just terminology is all.

admit I need to clean up my wording!

If I'm going to be honest, it's 30 seconds to a minute of gasping and walking fast, and then 2 minutes of an 8:30 pace. 

My chronically sore back is now way more than sore. It had been a bit worse than normal lately..but always loosens up when I start moving around and its never been a problem when running. Got up this morning and when I sat down and bent over to get Ava's shoes it got tweeked badly. I was barely able to get out the door and get Ava into daycare. Tried driving to work, and could barely get out of the car..and I couldnt walk.

After a couple hours of bouncing around to random medical parks and a shut down Urgent care that Cigna referred me to I finally got into seeing a doctor. The cocktail of medication is helping for now..I can at least walk around with less than excruciating pain.

XRays came back fine, they were worrid about kidney stones--but blood work was fine. I'll make an appointment with my family doctor and get referred to a PT for next week.

I hadnt run so much the past two weeks--but have run more on the indoor track..not sure if that surface has anything to do with it. I really want to get over this.

sorry for rambling..im doped up and feeling sorry for myself..

holy moly, how miserable, I hope they find the problem and you get better soon.  Confused

Hawt and sexy

Perry, I think you should train.

Still plugging away at the Gansett goal here.The last 8 week plan starts soon.

Back pain blows.

Dude, we have new peeps.When did that happen?

Ohai everybody else.

I'm touching your pants.

Cashmason

Murph,  sorry to hear your back is jacked up.

We got new bikes at the gym today,  so I ran down there,  checked them out and ran back home.   Only 2.5 miles,  but at least the pf didnt get any worse.

At least I will know what to expect when I teach spin tonight.   Going for 6 days in a row this week of cycling = almost no running.

Happy Camper

Sorry about the bad back Murph.  Hope the Doc's get you on the right path.  The strength training I'm doing for the bone study I'm a subject in  has done a world of good for me.  Even with the thinning spine I've got I think alot of my pain was due to weak muscles supporting everything.  I've been told before sitting is about the worst thing for a back.  Add twisting and reaching like you do getting in and out of a car repeatedly as any one who works in sales does over and over and it's bound to lead to pain and trouble at some point.  Hope you get better soon. 

Glad to get back out there  after two days off,  even if it was only -2F this morning.  10&Change with Sammie the Husky.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Kimmie

Just a quick pop in to say hi.

I haven't run much the past 2 weeks-  lots and lots of body pump.... which isn't cardio, per se, but I need to finish up my instructor training.

Welcome to Dutchie and gen!  

Perry- what's next for you?  I thought of you the other day as a friend asked me for a recommendation for her son to run his first marathon.  I think he's 19 or 20.  He picked the Lower Potomac....  I thought it was a little too soon for him to get some good training in, but I guess he's been running 7 or 8 miles.  (plus he's young, right?)

\He's taking a class on running at school, I think?   It's kind of funny that his Mom emails me for advice and then relays that to him.  I told her to have him email me, but I haven't heard from him. 

Sorry to hear about your back, Murphy.   I agree that weight lifting has helped me a lot with minor back issues.  This year, when I was shoveling the hard packed snow, I noticed a big difference in my strength and in the lack of soreness afterwards.

Off to run in 16 degrees.....I'm a big baby.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

re: back -- Yeah, hoping it turns out to be something easily treatable like muscle strength.

Kimmie, send me a note with more info if he's doing it - I'm racing it myself. Also I'm racing a 5K tomorrow morning (really my first race of the year). I should probably train,  but it's in less than 24 hours, so what can you do...

Dave

Wow.  Too many injuries.  Hope you feel better, Murph.

I'm back home in the frigid temps.  Finished up a 7 night swing to the west coast and will end up with a couple of rest days just with the travel etc.  I've got a Daddy-Daughter dance tonight that will take precedence over everything else.  Will try to run this weekend some.

Last week was good for running though.  30 miles from Friday to Wednesday.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Good miles, Dave.  Have fun dancing.

6.5 miles as the sun set.  Now, Japanese food with the fam.  Hope the nagging injuries are short-lived for those here who are hurting.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Anyone racing this weekend?  I can't remember...

Got in 15 miles this morning. 9@9:39, 3@9:18, 3@8:19.  Builds some confidence when I see that I can hold a quicker pace in those last miles of a long run.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul