Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/23 (Read 280 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Hope you feel better Shan. I want to beat your mileage but not this way Tongue
    haha i agree!

Hail to The Victors!

Aw, Shan -- it's no fun being sick. Hope you get better soon. Sleep will help. So as intervals go, 5x600m is pretty easy. 8.1 miles, 1:04:09, 7:55/mi, AHR 154 (77%mhr) 5x600m, 90 sec intervals 2:28(163),2:24(164),2:18(169),2:26(173),2:27(169) Avg pace for the sessions was about 6:31/mi, but like I say 600m repeats are pretty easy.
      Kinda surprised you only did 5? Why not ten? (Not trying to be snarky, just curious). With the mileage base you have, you could definitely do more, and make it a more challenging workout.
        I've been following Pfitzinger's 24/55 plan (24 weeks, 55 mile peak). Hmm. Looking at his site, I think the plan assumes a tuneup race this weekend, so that's why the lack of intensity. I guess I should try to understand the why more than the what, huh? Oops.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I don't think I overdid it on the intensity this morning, but I was certainly edging towards that. I donated blood yesterday and my legs were a little tired going into today's cruise interval session. My plan was to run for an hour, inclduing 2 x 10 @ LT. I was part way through my first interval and knew it was going to be a challenging workout. Things have been pretty stressful lately and I find that running fast relieves stress better than running long. At some point I decided to throw a third interval in there. It was tough, but I felt cleansed afterwards.

Dave

Sounds like a nice workout, MrI. That wrung-out feeling after a hard run does sort of cleanse the soul. 6.3 today outside at an 8:50 pace. First time in a while from work. Legs were sort of weak and I suspect my HR was elevated but fortunately I didn't have my strap and I just pushed through.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

Mr I, donating blood is a wonderful thing, but it can leave you feeling a bit low on energy for anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks. It takes a while for your body to remake the blood you donated. So until then you dont have the same amount of blood taking oxygen to the muscles. Great idea to donate, but don't expect to run or especially race well for a couple of weeks afterwards.
              Cashmason

Shan, good thing mom doesnt live nearby to make you take cod liver oil. That stuff is nasty. Hope you feel better soon.

Oh Mighty Wing

I am not nearly as tough as I wish I was. Sad no run today... its gorgeous out and I want to run, but the coughing/breathing this is stopping me...
                    You boys are GORGEOUS Brian!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures Smile Hope Bugs and Shan get better ASAP! Looks like some nice running going on today Smile Got 12 miles in myself. I really wanted to do it in 2 runs however I'm weak when it comes to wind. I knew I could get one run in however to get back out there later is always harder for me when it's cold and windy. So 1 run it was. Felt great other than the pelvic pain I had around mile 6. It's time like that I wish I wasn't a woman *sigh* Thankfully it didn't last long.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

no run today... its gorgeous out and I want to run, but the coughing/breathing this is stopping me...
                      Sorry to hear that Shan. Hope you feel better. ... And I passed you today for YTD mileage. JUst sayin Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Pam - ho-hum, another 12 miles. You get double digit mileage almost every day, day-in day-out -- really amazing! Shan - stop being sick! MTA: Tongue Cash and MrI - I have been wondering about giving blood and how long it sets you back. Really it could be as long as a week or two? That stinks. I am feeling guilty I haven't given for a while (a long while), and I was hoping to give the evening of a hard run, allowing myself to recover the next day during a recovery run. I guess I'll definitely wait until after Boston for this given this information.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

3.5 today. 2 with my wife, another 1.5 alone after.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Oh Mighty Wing

And I passed you today for YTD mileage. JUst sayin Wink
                            DAMMIT!!! That's IT I'm running tomorrow whether I pass out or not!!
                            Cashmason

Lou, Check with Rosie ( rosecoloredglasses) in the kick forums. Its been forever since I gave blood. I am sure as a nurse she has a better feel for how long it takes to recover from giving blood.

Hail to The Victors!

I've been following Pfitzinger's 24/55 plan (24 weeks, 55 mile peak). Hmm. Looking at his site, I think the plan assumes a tuneup race this weekend, so that's why the lack of intensity. I guess I should try to understand the why more than the what, huh? Oops.
                                Gotcha. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. :-)