Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/2 (Read 328 times)

Dave

Please take a day off. That statement makes me sad!! You are doing too well to go about overdoing it now!!! Sad
    Too late. I actually had a nice run just over 5 miles. Much as I expected, I felt good once I got out there. Was good to get off the treadmill. Legs felt better after running than before. I'm starting to sound a little bit like the boy who cried wolf. More than the runner who cried knee pain Wink Today wasn't forced at all. 5.24 miles at an 8:46 pace. Left the HRM at home and just ran. I'm not at my regular job so it was a different route. One that I ran a few years ago when I was at this base for a class so it was familiar but not too familiar. One really good hill that I think I'm going to run repeats on tomorrow if my legs feel as good in the morning as they do now. Appreciate all the support. Really. Not sure I'd be as committed without you guys. Bugs, I'm leaving all the hotties at the pool for Cash. Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

glad it went welll... i feel bad for razzing you about miles... i think i'll stop now.
      theyapper

On the road again...

Not sure slowing down more would be less stress on my body or more stress due to the extra time on my feet.
        Funny you wrote that, because all the current knee struggles I'm experiencing all started when I made a consistent effort to slow down during my runs. Maybe it isn't related, but it struck a chord with me when I read your comment. I'm hoping to get a nice, easy run in sometime this afternoon before my 6:30 meeting.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

there seems to be an imaginary line for me that I know is true for a lot of runners... if I cross that line, running too much, taking it too seriously, talking to too many people that are never happy with their running, then running becomes unfun .
          I tend to be a pretty serious person by nature and I take my running very seriously. I am very happy with my running, but I am not satisfied. Joy and seriousness aren't mutually exclusive Got in a good tempo run today. My left achiles is a little sensitive to speedwork so I'm watching it closely. I plan on doing a lot of LT training for Bayshore, I hope my achiles is up for it. If not, then I'll back off on the speed - it's not sensitive at all to quantity. I love the joy and energy that comes with starting a new training plan.
          evanflein

Wow, this is an active thread. I can barely keep up with you guys!! Pam, that may feel like a huge base, but actually I'm a little concerned that you've ramped up so much so fast. Three years is not a long time in the life of a runner. At least you're doing most of your runs easy so that will help. Jeremy, re: the wellness thing... yes we have our naysayers, too. And yes, they're frequently the ones who need the program the worst! We've been doing this a few years now, and have moved away from telephonic coaching (which our employees hated) to more on-site activity based programs, including individual counseling sessions. It's pricey, but like I said it is worth it in overall plan costs. Mr Inertia, yep... know what you mean. But running is fun for me, and I do love it and all I get from it (peace of mind, fitness, etc) but I'm rarely "satisfied" with it. I always feel I could've done something different or better. Then again, it's easy to be dissatisfied with your run or race when you do something stoopid like leave your chip behind. Roll eyes Dave, I'm like you in a lot of ways. I hate running slow... And like yapper I find when I force the pace down too much I start having joint issues, probably from the artificial gait I'm using to slow down. My "happy pace" seems to be around 8:30's... I feel like I can run at that pace just about all day sometimes. But seriously... rest day? and that pool running is a drag but like Bugs said, it's very beneficial. Has seen me through many an ache or owie that would normally keep me off the road. Cash is right... he's been mental for years. Did Bugs find her googles? Wink No run yesterday. Took note of the blah messages the ol' bod was sending and did doodly squat. As in nothing. Well, I did some housecleaning that was way overdue. So that felt good. And yes, Kimmie, there was some self-medication going on later as well! Still cold out. -27° this morning. Bleh. I'll run on the trusty treadmill after the basketball game today. Speaking of which... my little jv basketball player better get serious about his algebra, or mom might pull his butt off the team!
            Kimmie

4.5 miles with a friend and it was fun. Smile

Hail to The Victors!

9 miles, and I skipped a meeting to do it. It was more of an informational meeting, so I don't feel too bad, but I still feel sort of bad that I skipped.

Bugs

8 miles, 9:30-9:22 pace. Only wanted to go faster, tried to keep it on the easy side. Felt like I could have ran forever but had to go to work.

Bugs

Wow, this is an active thread. I can barely keep up with you guys!! Pam, that may feel like a huge base, but actually I'm a little concerned that you've ramped up so much so fast. Three years is not a long time in the life of a runner. At least you're doing most of your runs easy so that will help. Still cold out. -27° this morning. Bleh. I'll run on the trusty treadmill after the basketball game today. Speaking of which... my little jv basketball player better get serious about his algebra, or mom might pull his butt off the team!
                    I hear ya Erika! With all the health issue's I have I'll be happy with what running I get especially considering the outlook the doctors gave me in 2002 and 2003. Running I swear is what's keeping me healthy. Anyway screwed up on time today. Thought I headed out at noon Blush Had to cut run short a bit so that I could have time with dh before kids got home. It was well worth it! Got in an 11 mile run and a little afternoon delight Evil grin MTA: btw the only injuries I've had in the 3.5 years was a twisted ankle (during a technical trail race) and a Stress Fracture that I ran mostly through (didn't know until after it was healed) thanks to ramping up milage too quickly. My body is MUCH more healthy now than it was 4 years ago!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice runs guys!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Cashmason

A dusting of snow and cold temps (31°F) made the roads a bit slick in spots. 9.1 miles, 1:13:20, 8:03/mi, AHR 156 (78% MHR) Yikes! It's getting late!
                        Dayum, I hate when somebody's easy run in freaking snow = my fastest race pace ever. And at a lower heart rate too. That pace for me was 83 percent of max. Am I competitive... heck yes. Well at least it is somebody I like, so that way it doesnt bother me as much. I am sure Erika had something to do with making me mental.... even if it happened long before I met her. She probably caused it in one of my previous lives.
                        theyapper

On the road again...

A nice 6 miles today - 4.2 by myself with an AHR of 156 and 1.8 with my wife with an AHR of 124. I walked a lot of that while she ran so I could go easy on my knee. I had no trouble with it during my 4 miler and that makes me happy. Great runs everyone. Very motivating.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Cashmason

4.5 miles tonight after half hour of lifting.

Cause I CAN

Great runs yall...rest day for me. Just curious who is this and burrr I feel sorry for you
                              Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                              http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
                              Cashmason

That is Erika. She lives in Alaska. I think she was running outside in minus 27 degrees farenheit that day. She is not always the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to running outside.( That seems to be pretty common with most of us in this thread). Other than that she is pretty smart.