Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/17 (Read 381 times)

Hell, Im tempted to go there and run it with you. I have time before my next marathon Wink Too bad the field is full.

Oh Mighty Wing

Hell, Im tempted to go there and run it with you. I have time before my next marathon Wink Too bad the field is full.
      did you get your MM number yet?? I hear the RD is a softie... course the fact that it's 5 days away might be the bigger problem Wink
        No I didnt. I was just going to do that after Vegas...but I am qualified. It would be about a 5 hr drive. I could always go as a bandit. If I did it, I would hang with you as long as I could keep up. Convincing the wife of this would not be easy.
          plus Im going to the Bearcat/Pitt game Saturday night. So I would have to drive overnight, run it, and head back that night. That would be crazy even by my standards..but still something I'd actually do.

Oh Mighty Wing

do not make the wife mad... she loves you... Plus saturday will be a late night filled with beer im guessing! we will have other chances - ones where I can keep up with you!! I mean there is always march right??
              Yeah, Im still planning on doing the National Marathon. She may try to run the half - but doesnt think she'll run a qualifying race before then. And I will not be drinking beer at the game. I am fully focussed on my diet/running. 12 Miler scheduled for Sunday on my revised sched.
              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Shan - WOW! Good luck. Lots of good info so far - phone, tunes (books on CD), frequent stops, take it easy, walk from the beginning, that sort of thing. When you post your race report, make sure you give a lot of detail regarding the trip down and back. That sounds grueling in and of itself.

Dave

Yeah, Im still planning on doing the National Marathon. She may try to run the half - but doesnt think she'll run a qualifying race before then.
                  She should qualify the old fashioned way. Fibbing. They don't check. Shan, if you logstalk me, don't get excited. I ran a mile today (4x400M intervals) as part of my crosstraining workout. I'm not starting a streak. Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

If she gets close to being able to meet the times, then maybe we'll fib. She is just starting out. I really think for her, the half in Vegas '09 is a better goal.

Oh Mighty Wing

4 days in a row Dave - if you make it to a week I won't believe you!! Mr. I - thanks!! I'll make it a report Erika can be proud of! Murphy - I'm still thinking I want to do the half for a PR - so anything under 2:45Tight lippedx so if she can qualify we can always run together!

Happy Camper

Good luck Shan! I'll only add to take you "stick" with you. It will help the drive down and the drive back to roll it over the legs every stop. 10& change again this morning. Skipped the core stuff because it felt like my arms were going to fall off this morning. Very sore. Like I had been rabbit punched at the sholders in both of them. Thank goodness for Advil.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Good Call Pace!!! what happened to your arms??

Happy Camper

Perfect Pushup Afterglow I guess. The arms were very sore at the shoulders after the run this morning. I went ahead and did today's set. I've been doing good with core work since July. 4x - 5x per week. I'll save the chinups for tomorrow morning which was supposed to be the rest day.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Hail to The Victors!

Have a safe trip Shan, and a great race. The Monkey sounds like a blast, and I know you'll have a great time with all of the Swampies. They sound like a bunch of characters to hang out with. I just "raced" an 8K. (If by race, you mean, there were no splits, no watch, no places or medals, in the dark, can't see more than 20 feet of you, and you are surrounded by Christmas light dioramas). And I ran a 32:04. Never ran an 8K in my life, and I tear out a 32:04 the first time. I was so in shock when I finished that I started giggling. Whee!

Oh Mighty Wing

Pace - I did core work once last week for 10 minutes my sides were sore for 3 days... so more power to you for being able to stick with it!! Jhallum - your post made me giggle. YEAH for your 8K