Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/17 (Read 381 times)

Happy Camper

I'm off for more hunting with DS2. It will be Sunday afternoon on the drive home before I get a chance to warm up again. Tomorrow will be very cold. Ran this morning with the balacalava on . It was 16°F but not much wind. I am not use to it yet. Need to get the runs in. I must average 60 mile weeks the rest of the way to hit the YTD mileage goal. Need to get packing. Glad my drive is not as long as Shans!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

Weekend plans: get my fat ass to the gym and get a good workout done. Not these piddly little 30-40 minute elliptical lunchtime sessions. Bah! Basketball tournament in town this weekend, DH and I are working the soccer team's concession stand. Part of the profits go into DS2's player account. Gotta do what we can to offset expenses, but it sure screws up a Friday night! Foot is feeling better, finally. Resisting urge to throw all my progress into the trash with a test run. A friend of mine is challenging me to not run till December 1. I wonder if I can do it... prolly not. But what's another week in the grand scheme of things? Not sure it'll make a big difference, but if I go out too soon and suffer a major setback, I'll be beyond pissed off. That extra layoff would leave me with just 26.2 miles for all of November. Hmmm, a new all time low.

Bugs

Well based on everybody's plans Kimmie is going to have the most fun (anniversary fun Wink ). Kimmie, Glad you are feeling better. Nobby is a wise guy I think. I need to get working on the Nationals trip again. Have to dig out what airports you mentioned. P2R, Good Luck Hunting! Deer again? Dave, Helping with that race sounds awesome. Can't wait to hear about it. Erika, Your ass is NOT fat my dear. Better watch it else,they'll be asking for pictures of those too. Shocked I'm wondering the same..how much and how soon can I push without landing back in the MASH unit. I'm going to try and run longer, been too long, hell with the consequences. However I am not trying to run the longest this weekend. Smile

Bugs

Weekend plans - keep off DW's Sh!t list (getting harder to do). Seriously, volunteering at a race tomorrow morning, first time I've done that. So, I'm pumped. I wasn't going to be able to because DS has his 3 year pics in the morning (anyone with kids knows where this is heading). He fell somehow at the babysitter today and has a huge red scrape on his forehead right now. Go figure. Don't get me started on whether the Big East or ACC deserve a BCS bowl this year . . . sorry. But, since we're on the topic, big OU/Tech game tomorrow night. DW and I get a night out, and she actually wants to find a place to watch that after birthday/Christmas shopping for DS. Is she the coolest or what?

Dave

I always thought women feigned interest in football while you dated them to get you to the altar. Who knew? Wink Of course the ACC deserves a bowlgame. It has parity. The conference universally sucks (and I went to an ACC school).

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hey now..no Big East Bashing while Im around. A better argument could be made that the Big 10 doesnt deserve a BCS bowl. (Im also a Buckeye fan, but Im a Cincinnati alum). Cincinnati has 2 losses one to Oklahoma...whom they played tough for a 1/2. Theyve been through 4 quarterbacks due to injury. If they run the table, how are they any less deserving than 1-2 loss teams from the other conferences? Dont poop on my potential parade. Dead
                You're right, Cincinnati is pretty good, and it's not a classic power, so I end up rooting for them. Ya, I agree on the Big 10, but Penn State's kinda decent (can't believe I just defended the Big 11 in any way). Nice, no more talk about shirtless guys, football talk!

Oh Mighty Wing

Hello from Christiansburg, Va!! I am about 400 miles from home with about 400 more to go. So I made it half way. I spent 1 hour sitting still on some detour which sucked so that really cut into my time. And now I'm about to pass out for the night. I want to get an early start (and by early I mean my normal wake-up time) so I can get there around noon. I hope everyone is doing well!!

Bugs

Nice, no more talk about shirtless guys, football talk!
                    Hey we were talking about hunting too. Blood shed is always good conversation.

Bugs

Bugs

Ran 6 miles today. Not 100% better yet, but so glad to be back at it. My calendar looks like it has chicken poxs.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Was planning 12-15 this morning on the TM. Ipod died 3 min into it. Cry so I figured I would run for an hour - that's about how long it takes me to get bored. After an hour, I'd throw in 5 x min LT intervals. Holy cow that's brutal! I could only make three intervals and I was done. Part of that's due to yesterday - don't normally run on Friday, but I snuck in 6+ miles. Most of it, hoever, was due to the fact that that's a brutal workout. Can't wait to hear from Shan.

Bugs

Check the swamp. Shannon made it and is still smiling. Inertia, seriously you shorten a run just because of no MP3? Good practice for race IMO.

Bugs

Cashmason

I just got to thinking.. ( I know its a dangerous thing to do). Erika Must have to do a load of laundry a day of just her running clothes, in the winter, never mind the kids, husband or her other clothes.
                            evanflein

Maybe every other day. But remember, Cash, I'm not running outside. Just gym work. So, that's shorts and a top or two every day, plus DS2's soccer stuff and whatever DH wears to the gym. I do a couple of special loads just for workout stuff, on top of all the other stuff. I have a very nice washing machine. Off to the gym to do some pool running and whatever else. Throw some weights around, that sort of thing. Hope Shan is having fun.

Dave

I had a blast at the JFK 50 miler. I'll post some pics and share the story later. Ran miles 27-38 with Tri-Kev. Couldn't stay for the finish. It was cold.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com