Marathon Trainers

WEEK 3/23 (Read 447 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

did not run this morning - legs felt tight - really I just made excuses... I need to stop doing that. I don't have the time in my schedule to put off my runs.
    Cashmason

did not run this morning - legs felt tight - really I just made excuses... I need to stop doing that. I don't have the time in my schedule to put off my runs.
      Sometimes even young legs need a rest day. Does your schedule have rest days and cut back weeks? Running on tight legs might = injury. Better to get to the start line 5 % undertrained than 1 % over trained or injured. Off to teach spin at the nice gym.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - I took off Monday. Ran light all week due to overscheduling. Felt great Tues-Thurs. Today legs felt tight - my own fault I changed my "take care of my legs" routine - basically I didn't do it... and this afternoon I have no time to get it in... oh well... it'll still work out to be a good week mileage wise. I don't really have a schedule - I run as much as I want whenever I want. The idea is to run lots and lots of easy easy miles. It works well for me. I find I start cutting runs when I start aiming for mileage... if I just ran with no weekly number in mind I'd probably be running more...

Happy Camper

I'm right with Shan on mailing it in this morning. No tight legs, just more late night basketball. Mizzou made the Elite 8 for just the 4th time and the alarm at 4:15 was just too early. Hard to sleep in when two dogs are used to breakfast at 4:30. They never let me oversleep. Still got in the core workout. Today was push up day. Hope the rest helps with Saturday's longer run. 6"+ of snow forecasted. Angry

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Kimmie

rest days are good.... almost didn't get a run in today- needed it to be at least 5 miles... instead ran 3.5- have to get the kids off the bus in a few and have a long to do list today- oh well, glad to have gotten out there. going to Massanutten for the weekend. Anyone been there before? I will want to run while i'm there... I may post on the main boards to see if anyone knows where to run around there. long shot, I think... it's not a very big place. Have a good weekend everyone!
              20 miles DONE! First 4 were by myself then my friend joined the run then dh joined in for the last 10.5 miles. I had planned on running it slower and didn't. I could tell my RP and DH were tired cause they slowed down the last few miles. Usually dh would say something about me being the front runner however I think since he had company he just kept his comments to how my spit was loosing distance lol and up the hills he'd say "she did say we would take it easy up the hill" well I was. Damn legs fault for feeling so damn good *knock on wood*

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Cant say Ive been to Massanutten. I was actually dissapointed when I saw I only scheduled 3 miles today. I may run more. This weekend is going to be iffy weather-wise. May be relegated to the indoor track--but I think 17 miles may be too much on that little loop. So I will probably suck it up and get out the running pants, hat, gloves, and long sleeves Sunday morning.
                  I agree with Kimmie rest days are good! Glad you were able to get out for a run even if it wasn't as long as you would have liked Kimmie! Have fun this weekend! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Awesome work on the 20 miler !
                      Awesome work on the 20 miler !
                      Thanks Murphy! BTW if the roads aren't too bad I'd do your long run outside! Running for so long on an indoors track sounds "painfull" Good luck and have a great weekend!

theyapper

On the road again...

Congrats on a great 20 miler! I put in an awesome 4.5 miles today.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Way to go Pam! Lots of good running in Blister these days. MrI, Murphy, Pam. Get back out there, Shan! Kimmie, Massanutten was the first place I ever went snow skiing. Pretty limited mountain but fun. There's a GREAT waterpark there if the snow is lousy. Today was a travel day and I didn't force the issue with running. Some big news on the summer move front. I now have a solid lease on my house here in VA so that's one less thing to worry about. We found a great place in Michigan (Utica) but I'm not hearing back from the Realtor so I'm not sure its still available. Stressful times. Probably need to run off the stress tomorrow.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

20 miles DONE! First 4 were by myself then my friend joined the run then dh joined in for the last 10.5 miles. I had planned on running it slower and didn't. I could tell my RP and DH were tired cause they slowed down the last few miles. Usually dh would say something about me being the front runner however I think since he had company he just kept his comments to how my spit was loosing distance lol and up the hills he'd say "she did say we would take it easy up the hill" well I was. Damn legs fault for feeling so damn good *knock on wood*
                            There is just something wrong with legs feeling so good and 20 miler in the same post.
                              Wow, was I tired this afternoon. Lack of sleep, Got out and did the 3 miles as scheduled, my legs felt fresh. Going to get a medium long run in tomorrow and my long run Sunday. Will be a new record mileage week for me, Im sure.
                                Good Luck on your marathon Shan! I half expect to hear about a BQ. HAve fun.