Marathon Trainers

WEEK 3/23 (Read 447 times)

evanflein

Kimmie, I would consider just about anything. For me, once I'm in Seattle, the rest of the country is easy. It's getting out of Alaska that's expensive!! I'd love to do Miami, I've heard great things about it. But at this point, I might be in the "collecting states" mode, so Columbus sounds good (Hi Murphy!). But in all reality, I was thinking of cutting back on the travel this fall... unless its something I can tie to work and therefore get my employer to pay for! I ran 5.1 easy this morning on the treadmill. Took the day off work and got caught up on a lot of stupid things that have been nagging at me, so got my run in before noon. Would've run outside, but we got a couple inches of new snow and it's warm out (got up to 33 or so today, mostly in the 20's) and everything is super slick. Took the day off yesterday because I got caught up with birthday goings on... DS1 turned 17 yesterday. How the heck did that happen?? I also did some pool running tonight while the boys were at soccer practice, 30 minutes in the pool Amazing how good my foot and legs feel when I do that. Might have to keep that up more now before I leave for Boston. Might replace a regular shorter run with the pool in the next few weeks. I got new shoes today! Found the Asics Nimbus 9 on sale!! I had to buy up a half size so got the 11's, but I'm thinking with all the issues I'm having with my toes (bruised toenails, a new thing just the last couple of weeks), maybe I need to go up a half size. So, I'll try them tomorrow and see how they feel. If I like them, I know a lot of sites that have them for a really good price... I've just always been looking for the 10.5's and not having any luck.
      We're collecting states, too, but seem to be out of sync with everyone else. Hmm. Maybe some coordination is possible for those with that inclination -- this may be a job for PDR. Smile Sluggish recovery run today -- didn't feel quite right the whole way -- hopefully that goes away by tomorrow's run. 5.1 miles, 46:47, 9:11/mi, AHR 136 (70% MHR) Taxes are on the agenda for today. Hopefully it's easy.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Where is everyone?
          Running, hopefully. Getting ready to go myself. A bit rainy and cold today. I'm thinking I'll get in 8 today.
            Where is everyone?
            Taxes are on the agenda for today. Hopefully it's easy.
            Argh!

Kimmie

Erika- maybe you should pick the destination race. I am in the mountains and ran 5 miles in the mountains this morning. Long run was just not possible. Not enough real estate.

Dave

4 year old birthday party today. Also taxes maybe. I'm with you on that Lou

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Flup, taxes. Forgot about that. 17 miles was hard today. A week off always leaves me flat.

Bugs

Im dreading taxes--with the personal business I had going on for a large part of last year. I will owe more than I care to/can pay at the moment. ugh. Ran my 8..It was a struggle. It warmed up and the sun came out..I was overdressed in long sleeves and pants. Plus it was very windy in my face on the way back in. My legs were ok. Right now, Im not sure about getting in the 17 tomorrow. I may feel different tomorrow. Good week regardless of what I get in tomorrow with 2 8s and a 13 miler, along with 2 short runs.
                      Good job on the 17 Bugs! Its supposed to be hard..
                      Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I totally aced my long run today. Last 5 miles I picked up the pace a little. Nothing approaching race pace, but I did get right around my day to day training pace for the last 5 miles of my run.
                          Nice long runs, Mr I and Bugs! (You, too, Pam the other day!)

Bugs

Why to run Fargo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdxtwROYTgE I miss my people.

Bugs

evanflein

I don't think I could pick... I'd pick a more west coast race and most of you guys are easterners... (hey, compared to me, even Bugs is an east coaster!!). I need a TX race... and AZ or NM... any ideas? I ran 8 today, on the treadmill, looking out the window at the new snow blowing around. I wouldn't mind the snow, but it's over a layer of ice and slick hardpack from last week's warmer temps. New shoes! Found some Asics Gel Nimbus 9's on sale, but in size 11. So I tried them and I think they'll work out ok. At about mile 7.5 I started to feel some pressure on my big toe (outer edge), but afterwards it looked fine. I can find these online much easier than the 10.5's (which I couldn't find anywhere!).
                              Cashmason

Erika, give em another couple of runs before you buy more. And at least one long run in them. I have all sorts of dried blisters in exactly the spot you mention outside edge of big toe. Not sure why, and am sure it will build into a callus. More on left foot, but also some on the right foot. 5.76 miles on the midnight run. Perfect temps, quiet by California standards. G/f thinks I am nuts to run at 11 30 pm on a Saturday night, but hey we went out to dinner, and wanted that to settle before I ran. 15 miles on the tri bike with Brenda around Back Bay in the morning.