Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/20 - Boston (Read 345 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Wow, Kim, this relay certainly will go better than that last one...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Happy Camper

Dave: Does "Man of War" sound better? We could drop the portugueses if that's not a part of your ancestry. Smile I got the shoes for $49.48 + shipping for a discontinued color. I love it that the manufacturers do that sometimes to make the retailers change over stock. Trail shoes are all the same color after I use them for awhile. "Mud". I like Steep & Cheap because it is operated by backcountry.com. They still provide service after a sale.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Happy Camper

pace- I wish I knew what you were talking about... but that's great. Smile This is how nervous I am about this relay... last night I had a dream: I ran my first leg of the relay and then decided to DRIVE home so I could sleep in between legs. And then, of course, I overslept and my teammates were calling me, etc... So then, I told them what happened and they miraculously got the RD to let us have a do-over. So, I show up that day on time, but wearing a dress and high heels- no running clothes of any kind... 200 miles from home. ok, there you have it... my strange consciousness. I don't know why I'm nervous- it will be fun. I'm over thinking it... but you can't help what you dream. I just thought that was funny. got to get ready to go to work now. Trying to decide if i'm going to run today. I wouldn't be able to go out until after noon- I'm seeing the chiro at noon- no major problems but just an adjustment. But if I run right after, does that mean I undo all his work?
        A fashon report is now mandatory for your future races. Smile

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

theyapper

On the road again...

Pictures like this make me even more determined to be adequately trained for my marathon. Thanks for the inspiration.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Pictures like this make me even more determined to be adequately trained for my marathon. Thanks for the inspiration.
            And for the flip side of that inspiration (fear), I offer picture #16: http://www.brightroom.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=47909&BIB=166&S=230&PWD=

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Wow, Kim, this relay certainly will go better than that last one...
              funny I am getting no sympathy from anyone.... our running store owner last night said, "You get to run the American Odyssey relay?" " That's so awesome." That was nice... do I need to taper? Have I asked you guys this already? Dave, again, love those pictures.... that Perry guy sure looks happy- that's kind of annoying, huh? glad to see you're ready to get back on the horse. And I was just thinking of gelatinous aquatic creatures because Shan is Jellyfish- Man of War sounds perfect!! My nickname when I first started running was Flash- given to me by my friends who ran 2:45 marathons... I think they were kidding. Roll eyes
              Kimmie

Speaking of Shan, anyone heard from her?
                  Speaking of Shan, anyone heard from her?
                  I hope she posts here soon. I know she has an somewhat of an update but it's not mine to post. Healing vibes Shan^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I have no clue what to do for a relay, sorry Kim! Though I'm jealous, relays sound like SO MUCH FUN! Anyhow I got in a little over 9 miles this morning. Had the twins conferances and found out both are past the highest level that they are able to test for in Second grade and Frankie in some ways is surpassing the 3rd graders in his gifted class (he's the only 2nd grader). Of course just like my other 3 boys he's got organization problems *sigh*. I can't believe they are doing Fractions in second grade. Makes me wonder what second graders will be doing 10 years from now. Anyway sorry about the bragging Blush

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

evanflein

Hey everyone. I'm back, swamped at work. Race didn't exactly go as planned. Foot was fine, and that had been my biggest concern. What came back to bite me was something I thought was under control and on the way out... I'd been fine on my last long runs so this was a total surprise. Anyway, had an awesome first 10k, then all of a sudden at mile 7 it felt like I got shot in the butt by a cannon, or kicked by a horse... hard. Almost took me down. Tried to shake it off and run thru it, but it quickly became apparent I was not going to finish so met up with a friend I knew would be just past the half and stepped off the course. I'm disappointed, hard not to be when you spend all those weeks training in miserable conditions, all that money and time, and then have to quit. Oh well. There will be other races. Oddly enough, Boston was not an "A" race for me so while I'm mad about racking up my first ever DNF, I'll get over it and go on to run another day. I made an appointment with the Sports Med guys for Friday to get to the bottom (heh, sorry) of this. What's this about Shan? I've been so out of it for the last week or so. ETA: Murphy! Congratulations on a girl! DH always wanted a girl, and I guess I did too. I sigh about having boys everytime I move any furniture and find all the crap under there that they don't get with the vacuum. Boys just don't care. But then again, I guess girls don't always either. Oh well, much more to it than how they clean the house! Big grin
                      theyapper

On the road again...

Sorry to hear about the injury, Erika. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end, though. Big grin (Cheesy, I know.) Got a nice 5.7 miles today. My LHR is really paying off and my easy pace has dropped between 30 and 45 seconds a mile in 5 weeks. Fun stuff.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Erika, so sorry that happened!!! It's so weird when you didn't feel anything like that during the long run. Makes you want to have a do-over. Sounds like you have a good perspective on it and hopefully, it's something minor that the doc can fix quickly. Hang in there.

Happy Camper

Wow, you just have to love early flights. One good thing about having two dogs. They hear the coffee pot start and the alarm go off, they know it's breakfast time. There is no snooze buttton or over sleeping. Off to the American Odyssey. Have good weekends everyone! Pam: Congrats to the kids for doing so well and the Mom who makes it possible. Erika: It must have hurt alot for you to drop. Anyone who would walk a good part of Equinox once to not DNF woud not have given up on Boston unless it was bad. Hope the Sports Med Guys get you fixed and back to running.

Murphy and DW had their baby?? A girl? Congratulations! We need pictures Smile Pam - it's ok to brag -- I'd be proud, too! Dave - I saw a few of my pictures from marathonfoto and some of them definitely looked like your number 16 Shan - we miss you Hi, Erika! I hope this injury is short-lived. p2r - best of luck in the relay -- weren't others here running that, too? 3.1 miles, 28:44, 9:09/mi, AHR 131 (67% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Gmorning you all.... Lou, they just found out it's a girl- no baby yet. Smile And I'm running the relay too... pace, I'll see you there. I'll call you when we get up there. or you call me... it would be fun to meet up... Ran really easy yesterday with the soccer girls- not sure if I can count it as running since we stopped some. I never played soccer when I was young but I'm having fun being a coach. I may take today as a rest day so that I'm totally rested for this relay. We'll see.... And Shan, I miss you too!! I'm guessing she's posting elsewhere since Pam knows how she's doing... so tell her to come here. Smile I rarely post anywhere but here- no time for more.