Marathon Trainers

6/2-6/8 (Read 168 times)

Bugs

I really planned on getting up this morning for my run, but when the tornado sirens went off at midnight I knew that was out of the question. Then we lost power for a couple of hours so my alarm . . . Sorry, won't bore you with the details, but I'm tired. I'll get them in tonight, and maybe even take my son along. He's a big fan of my runs. Oh, also found out earlier this week that I'll be a dad for the 2nd time in January. Pretty excited.
    Woot, Woot! Guess runnign wasn't a priority every morning. Shocked Really good week of running for me tihs week, and really looking forward to my 17 mile run tomorrow.

Bugs

Cashmason

Congrats Husker!

Dave

Congrats husker!! I've heard that power outages cause that sort of thing Wink Shan, your power didn't go out, did it? Wink 5.5 foggy miles for me this morning. Felt really good other than some slightly dead legs after doing dead lifts on Thursday. Guess that's why they call them dead lifts... Just noticed that my weekly mileage was 26.2. Unplanned and cool Yes

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Heavy thunderstorm during my run this morning, I bailed at 4.5 miles because I had seen enough lightening at that point. Course skies were clear by the time I got home from the trail. Dam. Wish I had drove to the Y and ran for 30 minutes and then headed back out. Not sure how to fit this run in now. Dam weather.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - oh I wish!! Tongue so my 6-10 today did not happen... 2 and change happened. my legs were pretty tired so i turned it into a recovery run and did not eat the paste. I figure my mileage has been the most consistent my running has ever been so I am NOT going to beat myself up over this!
              Shan - good call not sweating today's run. Also, if it's anything like here, the heat and humidity sure can have an effect on how the body feels. Bugs - I'll run in the rain, but something about the outcome if I get struck by lightning keeps me pretty safe on those runs. Unfortunately I love running in the rain and that usually comes with lightning this time of year. I pushed my 12 miler off until tomorrow and just ran an easy 3.5, pushing DS for the first 1.5. 4 yesterday, pushing him for the first 3. Both days the temp was about 84 with a dewpoint around 74. I honestly don't think my sweat evaporates in these conditions. Thanks for the congrats, we're pretty excited. DS (2.5 years old) kinda understands it, but not really. I keep telling him he's going to be a "big brother", he tells me "no, little brother". He's used to being the little one, I guess.

Happy Camper

Duathlons done. Self-timed about :30 seconds slower than last year. Much more wind and higher temps this year. Ag day at the State Fair Grounds had the tractors out parading. Start delay did not work in keeping us off the road at the same time. Nothing like having to slalom on blacktop on the road bike inbetween tractors. First run was 7:30 miles m/l. Avg over 18mph on the bike and then shaved a minute off my brick run time last year and still have myself slightly slower overall. Wind and the extra weight I'm packing did me in. FWIW I was trashed last year after this. This year I did the run course at tempo pace after the race to get a couple more miles in. AG places went 5 deep so I snuck in with the 5th place bronze.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Happy Camper

Congratulations Brian!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Good job pace!!

Bugs

Shan, You gotta do what you think is best. Last Thursday I bailed on a run because it just didn't feel right. This week my running was awesome in mileage and pace. You'll probably have a better week next week because of it. P2R Ag winner, sweet. Sounds like a very good pace to me. Well done. By 10:00 it was sunny and I was back on the road. 17 miles avgp. 9:20. Legs were moving easy, tired like the end of marathon at the end but still wanted to go. Over 21 miles today. I may need a wheelchair tomorrow.

Bugs

Cashmason

Way to get hardware Pace. Bugs, your mileage is pretty high for someone who was injured not that long ago. 33 hilly miles through the canyon today with a couple of friends from Minnesota. One of them was a lineman for the Gophers a few years ago.

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - I hope you are right especially with my race next weekend! Great running yesterday! It's soo great that you are running so strong! Cash - 33 miles? wow! That's crazy! I hope you had a great time!

Bugs

Way to get hardware Pace. Bugs, your mileage is pretty high for someone who was injured not that long ago.
                            Not sure which injury you're thinking of but, I've been blessed with a really good graston doctor and physical therapist elite runner friend who've giving me therapy to ward off problems and advice of when to cut back and when it's OK to train through an owe like my left shin that likes to be cranky. This week was my third week of 40ish mpw in seven weeks. 40 mpw felt really good this week, and I feel great today. I think good running takes patience. But offically entering marathon training this month and am holding myself back a tish from adding more miles, running LRs every other week, and adding some biking to a mix. I really just want to make it to the start line and run this marathon happy. But at some point, even with injury a risk, we have to just put all of ourselves out there and go for it right? God I'd kill for a latte this morning, with caffeine please.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Pace - HARDWARE!!!!! (nuff said) Did 10 yesterday! My legs were still a bit blasted feeling and it was hot so I ran on the TM. I figured if I wasn't able to make the distance, I could just get off and call it a day instead of having to walk home or call for a ride. I'm glad I made that choice. About two miles into it, I had some doubts but I just took it steady and slow until I made the distance. Looking forward to July 4th - I'm racing a 5k and a 10 back to back. I did it last year and, had they entered me into the right AG would have gotten a 5th place ribbon. I know 5 deep AG is a bit silly, but I'm gonna be pushing hard for some hardware. I've never gotten any. Today I did "cross training" which consisted of cleaning my basement so I did like a gazillion stairs in hot, sweaty poorly ventilated area. Ugh. Good runs to all.

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr. I - here is what I learned from a children's equestrian show - it's all about the pretty colored ribbons!! 90 degrees is HOT when running... only did 1 mile... my plan for the week is to get 10 miles in early in the week (total) then sail easy into saturday... Ohh i'm nervous and excited!