Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/6 (Read 341 times)

Kimmie

Congrats Paul! I didn't run today... had tons of fun with my kids in the pool- but I know you can't really count that as exercise.

Dave

But you're in much better shape than I am!
      For now. Big grin Everyone in Team Blister gets faster. Its one of our rules.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

I just joined Facebook. Now what?

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

what's your name???? oooohhhh i'm excited!!!

Happy Camper

Bryan Norton

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

hmm there are quite a few of you... see if you can find me - I have a picture of me in my maniac singlet - you'll have to message me.
                I have a feeling Katie's problem is hereditary however I really hope it isn't what I think it is. I'm pretty sure I'm not "sick" as in with a virus or cold etc. I tend to run fevers when my body is stressed. Which happens until my body gets used to what I'm doing. Which is one of the reasons I have no problem running through low grade fevers. I ran a fever for close to 3 months after my c-section from the twins birth. Anyway I also rememberd that my baby sister had LOTS of stomach problems when she was little (my stomach issue's didn't happen until I was an adult) and I think that may be Katie's problem as well. It's amazing how much my daughter and I are alike well except I have a HIGH pain tolerance and she seems to have very little. Thanks Pace!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

Once Shan found you, we all found you. Sent a bunch of suggested friends.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Sorry to hear that Pam. How old is she? I hope you are able to get it all figured out soon. Pace- I befriended you- wasn't sure it was you at first but thought I recognized your picture. FB is fun, almost as much fun as here.

Bugs

Nobby read my log from Saturday and called to see if I had PMS. Big grin Nah, I'm just pisted that I can't knock this virus and run strong. I think I'm allergic to winter.

Bugs

Happy Camper

Thanks or befrinding me everyone! Kimmie: Looks like your relay team is giving my relay team a nine hour head start. We start around 10:00am. I'll be listening for your "on your left" sometime before DC.

Lou: Woot had Mr. Beer Premium Home brew Kits up for $19.99 this morning. Very tempting. I decided to save the $$$ for races. I need that hobby like a home coffee bean roaster.
                          haha. Did I mention I roast my own coffee, too? We love it. But don't get Mr. Beer. From what I have heard the instructions in it wouldn't produce great beer if you follow them. If you ever change your mind, let me know and I'll help you get set up. This morning my legs were still tired -- I think the weekend took more out of them than I would have expected. So I dialed it back a bit this morning. I have a final interval workout planned tomorrow, but I view this one as optional -- we'll see how I feel in the morning. 7.2 miles, 59:29, 8:18/mi, AHR 150 (77% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Thanks or befrinding me everyone! Kimmie: Looks like your relay team is giving my relay team a nine hour head start. We start around 10:00am. I'll be listening for your "on your left" sometime before DC.
                            Now, how did you find this out?
                            Kimmie

I just found this info... we start at 7:30 but I'm wondering if that's too early because they'll delay you if you get to the C &O canal before daybreak. I'll have to check with my team capt.

Happy Camper

I just found this info... we start at 7:30 but I'm wondering if that's too early because they'll delay you if you get to the C &O canal before daybreak. I'll have to check with my team capt.
                                When you said 7:30 I took you to mean 7:30pm. My Team organizer posted our time to coordinate everyones arrival. We had an estimated pace time of 9:15mm and we drew a spot around 10:00 - 10:30am. I know it's 200 miles but if your group has a 7:30pm start Friday you are some group of speedsters.